Now you're racist if you don't deny genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you're racist if you don't deny genocide

Daily Kos is a progressive news site that fights for democracy by giving our audience information and resources to win elections and impact government. Our coverage is assiduously factual, ethical, and unapologetically liberal. We amplify what we think is important, with the proper context—not just what is happening, but how it's happening and why people should care. We give you news you can do something about.

Genocide denial is a sign of future massacres. Denying genocide is a serious evil.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Rather old news.
    Under conservative turks ... especially Erdogan followrs ... it has always been en vogue to deny the armenian genocide.

Actually ~1.5 years ago the Bundestag (german parliament) had a vote about having the german state officially accept the armenian massacres as genocide.
    The vote was successful and among the parlamentarians who voted pro (accepting it as genocide) actually were 11 germans with turkish background.

When Erdogan heard this he furiously demanded that the blood of those 11 parlamentarians should be tested to find out if there is still a trace of turkish blood in them

Here alink to an article about it:
    Speaker expresses outrage over Turkish president’s comments following Bundestag vote declaring 1915 mass killings a genocide
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 2, 2017, 11:40. Reason: addedlink
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I know that Turks have historically denied the genocide, as usually is the case with genocide. But this is westerners saying that if you talk about genocide against Christians you are racist. Maybe America is different than Germany with regard to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I know that Turks have historically denied the genocide, as usually is the case with genocide. But this is westerners saying that if you talk about genocide against Christians you are racist. Maybe America is different than Germany with regard to this.
        If I see this correctly there is a single person posting that gencide is racist.
        A person who actually got rightfully rebuffed by all other posters for this.

So, it sems to be untrue to say that "westerners" say this.

[s]Considering that the forum you linked seems to be of greek origin, you cannot even be sure if the poster isn't someone with turkish roots
        (turkey and greek lie next to each other ... actually greek was part of the osmanic empire till they succesfully revolted at the beginning of the 19th century ... therefore there will surely be lots of people with ties to turkey in greece)[/s]

I retract the last statement about the site being greek ... while the founder is greek, it seems to be based in california (nevertheless we don't know if the poster "sexgenderbody" (who seems to be the only one advocating the idea that calling the armenian masacre a genocide being racist) doesn't have turkish roots)
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 2, 2017, 13:12.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

If I see this correctly there is a single person posting that gencide is racist.
          A person who actually got rightfully rebuffed by all other posters for this.

So, it sems to be untrue to say that "westerners" say this
          Nailed it.
          And yes this would describe quite a few of Kid's threads.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

sexbodygender is a Ming type character.

Comment

And now he resorts to incoherent babbling. Which is also a common Kid thread theme.

I'm sure the insults for the "KID trifecta" are next to make the thread complete.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

nevermind

Comment

Kidicious has used an unbeatable tactic in this thrade that members of this website, frankly, are unable to defeat. I am sure Rah is humiliated and nevar coming back here again, so let me be the first to say it...

Goodbye Rah. Enjoy your post-Apolyton life.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I deny the Groundhogs Day thread genocide, so I am not racist!

Comment

Daily Kos is a pretty low standard but this is the bottom of the barrel even for them. If you admit the reality of the muslim Ottoman genocide against the Christian Armenians you are a "raacist"? Oh, go **** yourself right up your own gaping liberal *******.

We are talking about people who really are sniffing their own farts like South Park said.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                        Kidicious has used an unbeatable tactic in this thrade that members of this website, frankly, are unable to defeat. I am sure Rah is humiliated and nevar coming back here again, so let me be the first to say it...

Goodbye Rah. Enjoy your post-Apolyton life.
                        Rah has an advantage. He doesn't know when he gets pwned so he just imagines that everyone agrees with him and that he's always right because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          I deny the Groundhogs Day thread genocide, so I am not racist!
                          I deny that middle class white women were forced into labor camps and forced to make sandwiches.

Comment

And the insult for the trifecta. The thread is now complete. How predictable. He can't help himself.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                              And the insult for the trifecta. The thread is now complete. How predictable. He can't help himself.
                              That's right. Everytime you get insulted you just won an argument. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X