X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid - A Dangerous Criminal

school went too far, cops are just robots

Comment

Arresting a 10-year old? At school? On an outstanding warrant?

Kind of hard to believe, actually.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Is MSNBC actually defending a white boy? I don't watch MSNBC.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I do... I sure wont be getting any inside scoops on the swamp thing from fox

Comment

The joy of Zero Tolerance. I wonder if the kid will be charged with resisting arrest because he said he doesn't like to be touched.
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

That line won't work on Cops or Priests...

Comment

I don't like to be touched, or arrested, by nazis.

Comment

That's how you make kids mad at society and rebel.

Comment

I rather suspect that there is a lot that isn't being told in this story. First of all, autism is a spectrum disorder, not a diagnosis. Making a big deal out of him being autistic (as though he were somehow crippled by it and so didn't deserve to be taken into custody) is a disservice to autistic people everywhere. Second, the long lead time between the alleged offense and the arrest indicates to me that there is a huge chunk of this story that is being left out. What happened in those six months? What has the kid been doing in the six months between his suspension and the arrest? What attempts were made to take him onto custody between the arrest warrant and this incident?

The talking heads made no attempt to illuminate the story, instead deciding to simply pour gasoline on the fire. I love the way they keep calling the youth detention center "jail."

And is that stumblemouth blonde woman we first see really a news anchor? She is horrible at her job, if so.

I want to say that I think that this could have been handled better, but, not knowing anything about this story other than that a bunch of people on TV really enjoying the opportunity to play the outrage card, I can't say that. Maybe a professional news team can do an actual news story on it, and then we will know more. This garbage report should outrage every real journalist, lawyer, and psychologist who sees it.
                    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                    - A. Lincoln

Comment

The kids is a little **** and the mother is an enabler. Still, this could have been done differently and CNN failed its viewers yet again by not digging into the story and explaining it to its viewers.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is from The Miami Herald...

Although the incident took place last year, deputies said they couldn’t serve the arrest paperwork until last week.
                        http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...145281069.html

...so, bureaucracy.

I find the unwillingness to produce a warrant at the scene to be disturbing.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          This is from The Miami Herald...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...145281069.html

...so, bureaucracy.

I find the unwillingness to produce a warrant at the scene to be disturbing.
                          Another news organization fails at their job.

And another news reader assumes that he knows the reason for things the newspaper fails to follow through on.

You are correct, though, that officers should certainly have delivered the warrant to the mother... unless they already did. The WaPo article certainly implies that they didn't and the police quote tends to back that up.

The mother provides more evidence as to the root of the kid's problem, though. She insists that her kid "didn't do anything wrong' when he refused to stop disrupting class and kicked and scratched the teacher who tried to remove him from the class. Having some degree of autism isn't a license to behave as one wishes, even if your mom thinks it is.

The kid needs a new mom a lot more than he needs a new teacher.
                          The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                          - A. Lincoln

Comment

I thought Greta van Susteren was on Fox News? Are all the sane people jumping ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              I don't like to be touched, or arrested, by nazis.
                              Looks like you have autism.

Comment

Working...
                              X