X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max Budget

Environment: Eliminated
    Military: Funded

Pfffft! Nature is for hippies and/or commies/terrorists.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

The problem is they want to defund the arts too, so no guitar/flamethrower guy

Click image for larger version

Name:	the-man-behind-the-awesome-flamethrower-guitar-player-in-mad-max-fury-road-is-a-popular-australian-musician.png
Views:	36
Size:	921.8 KB
ID:	9320345

Comment

Don't worry, i'm sure it's covered under the part of the military budget that covers trumpets and marching music.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Wasn't the villain in the last movie blonde?

Seriously: what exactly is the labor figure (proposed -21% acc. to pic below) referring to? And didn't he want to invest lotsa stuff into infrastructure? Or - if that really happens - would this be dealt with elsewhere?

Blah

Comment

That is missing details.

"President Donald Trump's first budget request to Congress, to be released at 7 a.m. Thursday, will call for cutting the 2018 budget of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) by $6 billion, or nearly 20%, according to sources familiar with the proposal. The Department of Energy's (DOE's) Office of Science would lose $900 million, or nearly 20% of its $5 billion budget. The proposal also calls for deep cuts to the research programs at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and a 5% cut to NASA's Earth science budget. And it would eliminate DOE's roughly $300 million Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy (ARPA-E)."
            "The president’s budget would cut spending overall by $1.7 billion — or 5.6 percent from current levels — to $28 billion. But the money is redistributed. The National Nuclear Security Administration budget would grow 11.3 percent while the rest of the Energy Department’s programs would be cut by 17.9 percent. "
            "Media have reported that Trump will request cuts of 40% in science programs at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and 26% to the main research arm of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The request is also likely to zero out several EPA and NOAA programs that fund competitive grants for university-based researchers. Mulvaney suggested such proposed cuts reflect the fact that those activities “don’t align with the president’s position on global warming and alternative energy” technologies."

So
            -20% to DoE Science (including Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, and more)
            -20% to NIH

NSF isn't mentioned, but the 3 primary science funding sources in the US are the NIH, DoE and NSF.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If you are playing Civ, why would you take your science all the way down and start building (Soon to be outdated) military units?

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Only reason to do it in Civ is to go for Conquest/Domination. But in this case it's to get a lot of money from dirty energy and **** future generations.

Comment

Who thought budget issues would be so complicated....it's almost like health care stuff
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Terrorists: Eliminated
                    Military: Funded
                    Ftfy
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      If you are playing Civ, why would you take your science all the way down and start building (Soon to be outdated) military units?

JM
                      Let other cultures take over your country through global institutions isn't the goal of Civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        Only reason to do it in Civ is to go for Conquest/Domination.
                        People who neglect military and happiness are usually ripe for picking.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post

JM
                          Because you're a bald man with a tiny penis

Comment

Dunno what's better Mad Max Budget or Mad Marx Budget.
                            Blah

Comment

Working...
                            X