Don't fear the walking dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't fear the walking dead

I have watched the complete season one of it (6eps) and found it so ok, but definately not as good as TWD. Somewhat later tried to get into the second season but stopped after one or two further episodes - simply got bored.

Otoh I do really like the original The Walking Dead, despite I've never been into zombie/horror stuff soooo much, and I also think some of the more detailed splatter/gore there is overdone and pretty disgusting. I find the "humans are the real threat" elements much more interesting.

I guess it's a tad like nudity in GoT, sometimes it belongs in there there's actually a point (other than watching tits), sometimes it's just like "oh yeah, more tits, something totally new". I guess the prob with TWD is that it is now having what 6? 7? season that they always need to "show more", so it's gets over the top with the splatter stuff, while GoT can easily "show more" in other fields (battles/FX/fantasy elements)....

Just sayin'
    Blah

Season 2 of FTWD gets better, especially in tthe 2nd half
    (although Mum and Daddy Clark remain idiots and daughter Alicia remains the most grown up person in the series )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

lol...well maybe I give season 2 another try but not so soon
      Blah

Comment

My zombie TV show of choice is iZombie. The premise is ridiculous--medical student becomes zombie, works in morgue where she can eat brains, gains memories/personality traits of the recently deceased which she uses to solver their murders--but it's actually very well done and funny.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          My zombie TV show of choice is iZombie. The premise is ridiculous--medical student becomes zombie, works in morgue where she can eat brains, gains memories/personality traits of the recently deceased which she uses to solver their murders--but it's actually very well done and funny.
          I agree ... we had season 1 and 2 in german Free TV.
          Liv getting the personality traits of the former ownerof the brain always leads to funny situations
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead!
            The official site of AMC's original series The Walking Dead, airing Sundays at 9/8c. Get the latest news, photos, video extras and more.

Comment

Like it too (except the overdone bits), but haven't watched the most recent stuff yet.

On a totally unrelated note, I just learned about speedwatching and decided that I find this stupid.

I limit myself to a few shows I really like and neither need nor want to "speed up" to watch moar. And that speed things seems contrary to whole idea of watching movies/TV to relax. Sounds more like work. Maybe it gets olympic soon

Blah

Comment

I prefer to have an entire series on DVD, that way i can watch the entire thing without having to wait for the next episode or sit through commercials.
                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

I have finished TWD season #7 last weekend. Overall still pretty good, some weaker moments though, but that is the same in other overall great shows (like GoT)

Biggest question for s#8: Will Carl ever get a haircut again in this show?
                  Blah

Comment

I'm getting tired of the survivors being repeatedly stupid on TWD.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

*spoiler tags just in case*

Spoiler:

Because they trusted the guy with the burned face? Or the hottie scavenger queen?

Other than that I found the part rather poor where they took the weapons away from girl-town-at-the-sea: "we're supposed to be good guys, so set off explosives and hold'em at gunpoint, but don't hurt anyone, because we the good guys have no other choice"

Blah

Comment

FTWD Season 3 now becomes available, with one episode every mondayon Amazon Prime (at least in germany) (exception, yesterday, with the first 2 episodes becoming available at the same time).

The first 2 episodes definitely are worth to watch

Spoiler:
                        And for all those who didn't like Travis ... this problem gets "solved" already in episode 2

Comment

Working...
                        X