Donations needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donations needed

Scientists are appealing for more people to donate their brains for research after they die.

They say they are lacking the brains of people with disorders such as depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

In part, this shortage results from a lack of awareness that such conditions are due to changes in brain wiring.

The researchers' aim is to develop new treatments for mental and neurological disorders.

The human brain is as beautiful as it is complex. Its wiring changes and grows as we do. The organ is a physical embodiment of our behaviour and who we are.

In recent years, researchers have made links between the shape of the brain and mental and neurological disorders.

More than 3,000 brains are stored at the Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center at McLean Hospital just outside Boston. It is one of the largest brain banks in the world.

(...)
    Full: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39000433

Bolding mine to make sure nobody makes a devastating mistake
    Blah

I'm an organ donor, so some lucky vegetable will wind up with my brain
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm going to be frozen when I die, because I'm a selfish, naive *******.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I'm going to be frozen when I die, because I'm a selfish, naive *******.
        Have you saved enough money for that?
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Not even close. It'll have to wait until I have, like, a career. Here's hoping I don't die before then.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You can always take a trip to the antarctic if you want to be frozen - just don't get eaten by shoggoths
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Scientists don't have enough brains to do proper research!

Comment

Working...
              X