X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 is a sentient being

It's the only possible explanation!

Here's why:

Over the last weeks, my system became highly unstable. Lotsa crashes, bluescreens, freezes.

I did try lotsa things to improve the situation -- update drivers, ID possible probs, also prepared extra backups to avoide loos of important data incase it gets worse. However nothing seemed to help really, and as a last resort thing I wanted to do a complete new installation. Just today I dl-ed a Win ISO 10 file from Microsoft for that purpose and burned it onto DVD.

However, it seems that my current Windows installation got aware of this threat to its existance! It did not crash anymore for a while. I think the only possible conclusion is that it developed a sense for self-presevation. When faced with he possibility of perma-deletion it decided to behave to avoid being send into the OS nirvana.

It's all true.

Blah

Wait until you try and buy a new PC and find Windows has flagged all your credit cards as terrorist related.

Comment

You murderer!

Comment

dave, please don't press that key. Dave........Dave
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          Wait until you try and buy a new PC and find Windows has flagged all your credit cards as terrorist related.
          I remember quite a long time ago I checked Dell's online offers, and when you wanted to finally buy a PC (which in the end I did not) their formular included questions if ppl wanted to use their hardware to produce chemical, biological or nuclear weapons
          Blah

Comment

I ran across that question and said "no". I wonder what would have happened if I had told the tr
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The NSA agents clicked "post reply" after they grabbed mad monk

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                I ran across that question and said "no".
                They should definately offer a "maybe" option. What if you run into the need for nukes etc. later, but had answered "no" when buying?

Blah

Comment

You need to show your computer who's boss. Keep a 2 pound sledge on your desk at all times.

Comment

Bebro is lucky there isn't an air lock nearby or else his computer might go all HAL 9000 on his butt.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

System didn't crash for ca. 24 hrs. Did everything, cleaned the inside from dust, checked connections, slots, RAM modules etc. and updated every driver I could find a new version for. So I hope that's it now.

Actually I thought Win does update drivers automatically when you have it set to automatic, but there were had still quite some outdated ones - not for GFX card or so, but lotsa system/device such-and-such/chipset stuff.

If I see a bluescreen again today I blame Trump
                      Blah

Comment

updating drivers is no snake oil or good for all ills or dinner's interpratation of free markets.

Many times they create more problems (new ones) than they solve.

So, the answer is to become a bit luddite.

If you can pinpoint which of the earlier versions of drivers you had and with those the system run perfectly, simply revert to these old drivers.

Problem solved

Comment

btw aeson's new avatar is badass

approved

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            The NSA agents clicked "post reply" after they grabbed mad monk
                            No we didnt.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              You need to show your computer who's boss. Keep a 2 pound sledge on your desk at all times.
                              A Texan will have an arsenal of automatic weapons. If he is a real Texan.

A jolly good blast on fully automatic will teach that there computer a thing or two.

Hell yeah.

Of course, Canadians have seal clubs. Solid seal clubs. Just the thing for giving a computer a good whack on the head.

Comment

Working...
                              X