Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Internet stopped working for a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Internet stopped working for a day?

I was quite surprised by this article.

It seems many people would have some difficulty imagining life without the Internet.

I am not sure I would even notice if the net shut down for a day as I don't log on every day. (Of course I would hear about it)

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017...pped-for-a-day
    Last edited by Gertrude; February 9, 2017, 00:25.

I wouldn't get paid

Comment

I wouldn't be able to place a poast here.

Comment

Productivity would increase dramatically.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Productivity would increase dramatically.
          This, for sure (at least among those not doing work that requires internet access)

I would definitely notice it ... I use the internet every day ... also for productive reasons (eMail communication, researching required information for programming tasks) and for other things in daily life (like gettting informations how to get from A to B via train, tam, bus and many more, getting informations about the weather in the coming days, hours and so on)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

While I usually access it 6 days a week, having grown up without it, it wouldn't be traumatic like it would probably be for my daughter.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I wouldn't be able to do my job without the internet since I telecommute - I do 99% of my work on a bunch of servers located somewhere in California, and it wouldn't make sense for me to do that work locally during an internet outage (I need computers with at least 64gb of ram to do my job, my local machine has 8gb). That said, during an internet outage I'd just read a book or something.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
              X