Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETA wants Games Workshop to stop featuring fur..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA wants Games Workshop to stop featuring fur..

Apparently “nothing on the bloody battlefields of Warhammer’s conflict-ravaged universe could match the terrible reality of the fur trade.”.

Methinks PETA have never read any 40K stuff..

Or, to be more specific, that small, sculpted models of said Space Vikings stop being depicted as wearing fur. Or, to be even more specific, PETA UK have written to Games Workshop, makers of Warhammer 40,000 and its myriad table-top gaming models, asking them to cease depicting imagery of its myriad characters wearing animal fur and make them “fur free.”

It's about time we stood up against the horrors being enacted against imaginary animals.

In my misguided youth, I must have collected hundreds of thousands of bat wings and snake skins in Everquest ... alongside thousands of others doing the same thing. Now look at Everquest ... hardly anyone left. More like NeverAgainQuest

Comment

Killing fictional humans is fine, just don't kill fictional animals

Comment

Hasn't fur been a trade item/ luxury in almost every Civ...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I guess PETA doesn't get that there aren't any good guys in 40k.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
            Hasn't fur been a trade item/ luxury in almost every Civ...
            Still waiting for a civ game that allows me to trade furries.
            Blah

Comment

They complain about the fur clothes of the Space Vikings, but don't complain about the cruelties commited against the Wargs pulling the space viking sled?
              (I mean, come on ... just 2 of them have to pull this huge and heavy hover sled together with its fully armed and armored inhabitant ... not to forget that the environment into which they pull it is most likely rather dangerous for animals ... with blaster shots flying around and explosions everywhere ... surely not a spcies-appropriate environment to put them into)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                In my misguided youth, I must have collected hundreds of thousands of bat wings and snake skins in Everquest ...
                You monster! You are worse than the nazis.

Comment

They must be really desperate for press these days with trump owning the lion's share.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    They must be really desperate for press these days with trump owning the lion's share.
                    Couldn't they accuse Trump of wearing freshly killed lion cubs on his head as hair? I'd believe it...
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

How many pussies did he kill by grabbing them too hard?
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Apparently not enough to get caught
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

A CHAOS Daemon from space wargame Warhammer 40,000 has shamefacedly yielded to PETA’s request to remove fur from its armour.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post

Couldn't they accuse Trump of wearing freshly killed lion cubs on his head as hair? I'd believe it...
                            But .............. lion cubs wear fur.

Comment

Working...
                            X