Reinforcing Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinforcing Stupidity

I was watching some YouTube videos about gardening and agroforestry, and noticed a "X beats down Y on Climate Change Hoax" type video. Of course I had to see this epic beatdown so I watched it. Very disappointing, as it was a bunch of lies about how there's no warming, well maybe there's been some warming, but the warming isn't bad enough to worry about, and our ancestors millions of years ago were able to deal with much higher temperatures. Perhaps because they didn't have billions of people living at sea level?

Anyway, now my "recommended" feed is covered in climate change denial videos. I hadn't seen any before. I just watched one for laughs and now I've been typecast! I imagine for someone who stumbles on one and doesn't really know what the issue is about ... they could immediately be convinced that climate change is all a hoax by all the self-reinforcing videos that instantly pop up.

This is probably what happened to Trump. He stumbled upon some climate change denial video, and then YouTube's onslaught of stupidity convinced him it was a Chinese hoax.

How long do I have before I am overcome with fake evidence and become yet another climate change denier?

So you're saying that there aren't any stupid videos screaming about how we are all going to die from global warming or whatever?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No

Comment

I actually like the recommended videos, ATM. I get dozens of new Cherubim Death-Rap videos every day that I would have nevar found otherwise.

YouTube knows my musical tastes better than I do, apparently.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I starting watching Parabreakdown(which is mostly a debunking page for "paranormal" videos) and the end result was thousands and thousands of bigfoot and UFO videos being recommended, even though the channel was debunking them.

I know that feel.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            No
            Then why do you go back to watching those?

Comment

I didn't.

Comment

Should have said "why don't you."

Comment

Because to go back to doing something would mean I had been doing it before, which I hadn't. So even if I wanted to, which I don't, I couldn't. That's why not.

Comment

Well let's just say it is good youtube features a delete from history button otherwise mine would be.. *shudders* puppies and kittens.
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Mine would all be hot puppy and kitty action. Aw yeah!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

How long do I have before I am overcome with fake evidence and
                        The worlf has changed.

We now have "alternative facts".

The benefit of this is that if you do not like a fact you can select an "alternative fact".

Comment

Can I select the alternative fact that alternative facts cannot be accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                            The worlf has changed.
                            I can see the change! Like a marginal student who gets his first girlfriend in highschool ... the d's have become f's ...

Comment

Can I select the alternative fact that alternative facts cannot be accepted?
                              Yes, of course. I have selected the "alternative fact" that you can choose your "alternative facts".

However everyone else can select the "alternative fact" that your "alternative fact" should not be accepted.

Please be aware that there are people who have selected the "alternative fact" that only their "alternative facts" should be chosen.

Comment

Working...
                              X