took the plunge and bought me an xbox one s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took the plunge and bought me an xbox one s

I cant even remember the name of my last console, must have been 15 years ago or more... But I see they got 4K HDR TVs out now and I plan on upgrading so it was between the xbox or the sony pro. Had to go with the xbox, it comes with a 4K HDR bluray player and sony doesn't. And I got a game with it for $100 less than the pro

Will satellite providers upgrade their signals for 4K HDR or is that beyond their abilities for now?

anyway, I got the 1 TB military edition bundled with Battlefield 1 for $300... Thought I'd get into gaming more.

so what are the better xbox games? I can supposedly play some of the xbox 360 games too. I'm looking right now for the better golfing and flying simulators, apparently Rory's (newer) version wasn't well received. Seems Tiger's version around 2003-4 was one of the best and still is.

I wander whether there is anyone left here owning a console? Sava perhaps.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

wow, why is that, pcs dominating?

Comment

No but the focus of this site is CIV, and that is not on a console.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Aye ... generally PCs still are the better choice for strategy games.

My only and last console I owned was the Atari 2600 at the beginning of the 80s
          Never felt any desire to buy a console after that (despite the fact that some of he games I play, like Kerbal Space Program or Warthunder, meanwhile are available on (some) consoles).
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Console is still the most convenient for big action adventure type game IMHO. Also became a convert to FPS on console a long time ago.

Comment

I'll get a console whe the robots doing all work and I got nothing to do anymore.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                I wander whether there is anyone left here owning a console? Sava perhaps.
                sup.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

playing battlefield 1

having a tough time using the right stick for aiming, game looks great though

Comment

My friend is trying to get me to buy that game. My interest in multiplayer games has diminished over the years, however, to the point where I feel it is a chore to play them.

I'll stick to Skyrim and NBA 2k17 (MYGM mode.) And next year...

Mass Effect: Andromeda.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                    X