X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Rogue One

Premiered this night in front of an selected audience

AMongst them ... Wil Wheaton.

Disney-Lucasfilm's "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" world premiered at the Pantages Theatre to an overwhelmingly positive response.

For a few impressions from the red carpet:
    We're live from the red carpet for the world premiere of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story!

(From Hour 1 onwards)

Looks like it will be really really worth watching ... the opinion of the audience was overwhelmingly positive.

Or to cite Wil Wheaton on Twitter:

The last time I loved a Star Wars movie as much as I loved #RogueOne, it was 1977.
    — Wil Wheaton (@wilw) 11. Dezember 2016

And to complete the posting here the final trailer for the movie

Looking forward to seeing it

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Very excited. Will see next Sunday as a graduation present to myself.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I feel still traumatized by Ep I-III, but this one seems to be much better indeed, if we can believe a whole lot of reviewers:

The latest Star Wars film Rogue One, starring Felicity Jones, receives positive reviews.
      Blah

Comment

Seems like a lot of Trumpfans will voluntarily miss out on seeing the movie

A row erupts over false claims that the new Star Wars film was reshot to add anti-Trump scenes.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Make The Empire Great Again!

Comment

Tickets for tomorrow afternoon, for me and a few friends, are booked

Comment

Hoping the reviewers are right on this one. Planning on Sunday afternoon....
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                Seems like a lot of Trumpfans will voluntarily miss out on seeing the movie

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38259838
                Please note that the term "some Trump fans" - used in several articles on this topic - is actually a veiled reference to the so-called alt-right (alt-reich). These racists claim to be oppressed because the bad-guy Empire is, in the plot, essentially an all-white supremacist organization. I understand they are also upset fact that the "good guys" are a pretty diverse team, and are headed by a woman.

This article is pretty good: https://www.wired.com/2016/12/rogue-...right-boycott/

I guess it's only fair to point out the J.J. Abrams is a known liberal.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have tickets for 20 minutes from now. Make Star Wars Great Again!

Comment

Trump 2016

Comment

So was it any good?
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

Yes.

I'd say it's right there with the original A New Hope, lagging behind Empire Strikes Back. Well ahead of the rest.

Not really spoilers, but I'd suggest seeing it with as clean a slate as you can:
                        Spoiler:
                        Was a lot like the original. Looked and felt familiar (even though it was 3D). Had similar style of acting and dialog. I know that wasn't great acting and dialog, but it felt right ... like a real prequel to the original trilogy.

Original characters were handled very well. Far better than I would have imagined. Nothing like in The Reunion Strikes Back.

Was a bit jumpy at the start. I was distracted though, so that could have had something to do with it. (Net's sister was a bit late so we had to go out to give her a ticket.)

Plot was obvious from the get-go, but we all know what happened so that was unavoidable ...

The rebel rebel guy who saved her could have been cut from the film easily and nothing would have been lost. Seemed like they had cut important scenes out on that side of the story. Just a bit choppy and out of place.

Disney campy humor was the biggest departure from the rest of the movies, over the top at times, but it mostly worked. Audience and I were cracking up in several cases. Donnie Yen and C3BEATYOASS took most of the honors here.

DONNIE YEN ORIGIN STORY PLEASE!

Comment

I intend to watch it.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Spoiler: In the end it is revealed that Gungans control the dark side.
                            Blah

Comment

Aeson: If I've been following along with the hyper and rumors so far, is your post a spoiler?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X