Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WaPo list of Reliable News Sites

Hey, they are not totally useless.

prominent independent left-wing news sites such as Truthout, Naked Capitalism, Black Agenda Report, Consortium News, and Truthdig.

Also included are popular libertarian hubs such as Zero Hedge, Antiwar.com, and the Ron Paul Institute, along with the hugely influential right-wing website the Drudge Report and the publishing site WikiLeaks.

Well done WaPo promoting other competing news sources and raising their profile to be more actively persuaded by your readership.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Poly didn't make the list.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Poly is in need of some free marketing.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Here's the damn actual link.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          Poly didn't make the list.
          Well, we can certainly be relied upon for stoking petty, years old personal feuds and political arguments, but I'm not sure that's the kind of reliability the WaPo is looking for.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's actually a very interesting, somewhat illuminating story.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Well, we can certainly be relied upon for stoking petty, years old personal feuds and political arguments, but I'm not sure that's the kind of reliability the WaPo is looking for.
              We are reliable.

Reliability

Comment

You can tell the same lies on Poly over and over again. Thus it's re-lie-able!

Comment

The Washington Post on Thursday night promoted the claims of a new, shadowy organization that smears dozens of U.S. news sites that are critical of U.S. foreign policy as being “routine peddlers of Russian propaganda.”
                  expected

Comment

In the latest and greatest twist, WaPo editor is coming forward today claiming that their own story was fake news.

Unexpected.

Full list of fake Russian propaganda sites is here.

Comment

This is hillaryous

same date, same paper, different market, one is Texas the other NY

Comment

Women in Aleppo Choose Suicide Over Rape, Rebels Report.
                        Activists and rebels in the besieged city say mass executions have begun and children are burned alive as Assad’s Iranian- and Russian-backed forces move in.
                        Activists and rebels in the besieged city say mass executions have begun and children are burned alive as Assad’s Iranian- and Russian-backed forces move in.

Truthful Western press. Joseph Goebbels was westerner too, so i guess that's what people should expect from western press.
                        Knowledge is Power

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                          This is hillaryous

same date, same paper, different market, one is Texas the other NY
                          Fake news. I've seen different people attribute it to different locations than the ones you quote. I'm more inclined to believe that they were printed at different times of day as different runs get sent out. First press headlines are often different to subsequent press headlines as more live information is gathered for the article. Sometimes they are completely different stories being run.

Contradictory headline shows one is wrong of course....
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                          X