Earthquake + Tsunami Warnings at Fukushima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake + Tsunami Warnings at Fukushima

A powerful earthquake off the northeast Japanese coast on Tuesday sent residents fleeing to higher ground and prompted worries about the Fukushima nuclear power plant destroyed by a tsunami five year ago.

Very bitter ... people who already may have been hit in 2011 (and perhaps had lost all of their possessions) now may become victims again.

Fortunately the risk of a nuclear GAU is now rather small
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Goodbye, Japan. It was nice knowing you.

Comment

Gribbler, this is a serious issue and I demand you act moar polite and understanding.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The size of the quake was at least downgraded to a 6.9.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And the size of the Tsunami waves didn't exceed 1.4 m ... nothing compared to the 7+ m they had in 2011.

Looks like this time the material damage will be way lower than the psychological damage on the people affected
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
            Gribbler, this is a serious issue and I demand you act moar polite and understanding.

Comment

I'm curious how other people pronounce the name of this place.

I've always pronounced it so that it rhymes with "duck ewe sheema"
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                I'm curious how other people pronounce the name of this place.

I've always pronounced it so that it rhymes with "duck ewe sheema"
                Don't say that if you meet anybody who is actually named "Sheema".

Comment

Working...
                X