Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your belief in progress, sanity and/or your sense of humour been damaged by recent developments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has your belief in progress, sanity and/or your sense of humour been damaged by recent developments?

By the US elections? Syria/IS stuff going on for what - 5 years now? Or anything else...

Fake poll:

A: Yes

B: No

C: Trump? Let the good times roll

D: I won't be that bad

E: It will be much worse

F: Just getting old and whiny

G: It's the same stuff as always really, leaders come and go and terrible stuff always happened to some degree...(*shrug* option)

H: Other, explain
    Blah

America is going to hell, definitely. The Middle East has always been a mess.

Comment

A
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Nope, my belief in sanity never can be damaged, as I am a strict unbeliever with regards to the sanity of Homo sapiens sapiens

So I guess it is either G or H
        Last edited by Proteus_MST; November 21, 2016, 16:01.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Actually I am moar self-aware and mentally prepared than I evar have been in my life and only now can I look back and see how weak I actually was. Amazing that It coincided with these recent events and also equally amazing that God saw the strength in me even as I was cursing his name.

So I guess D.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The cubs won so I am satisfied.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There is really only one choice here - C, all the rest is invalid.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

A.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  The cubs won so I am satisfied.
                  Ditto... But if I have to pick, F
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

G
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I feel like I should watch Idiocracy to see how this all pans out.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        I feel like I should watch Idiocracy to see how this all pans out.
                        Do you have your flight to Canberra booked, to watch Parliament in session?

Comment

I went once back in 2003.

I've not been back to Australia since 2004.

Are these related facts?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Has your belief in progress, sanity and/or your sense of humour been damaged by recent developments?

All three, yes. I've never been patriotic and my crazy beliefs have never aligned very well with any United States politics, but I thought for a long time that the US was at least a safe and promising place to see some of what I want come to fruition. Doesn't seem that way now, and seems like there will be a lot of hard work in the future that I'd thought we as a species (or country) had already taken care of before we can get to what I consider the good stuff. Which is frustrating. And when frustrated, it's much harder to find humor in this ****ball of a planet.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm not sure BeBro can behave, so D probably wont happen.

Strange, I just felt a strange unearthy chill
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X