How to get rich by recycling bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rich by recycling bottles

A German man swindled tens of thousands of Euros from a bottle recycling machine with a cunning system a judge admitted was a 'logistical master stroke'.

The man, who has not been named, was jailed for ten months after he was convicted of professional deception.

A court in Cologne heard how he stole €44,362.75 from the machine by inserting the same bottle into the machine 177,451 times.

The drinks salesman put a magnet sensor and a wooden tube into the machine to prevent the bottle from being shredded.

As such the 37-year-old was able to put the bottle into the machine, receive the pennies in compensation and retrieve the bottle (still in tact) to feed it through again.

The court heard he put the same bottle into the machine 177,451 times during the painstaking process.

'I had a radio next to it because otherwise it was really boring', the man explained.

The defendant spent €5,000 on making the alterations to the machine, the Local reported.

The man's lawyer said it was a method 'by which one could earn good money with relatively little investment'.

The judge said the 37-year-old must have 'done nothing else every day other than attend to the machine.'

He was finally caught when an undercover officer was given a tip-off.

Nice idea, but implementation must have been booooooring as hell, radio or not. Should have been given probation for being a genius.
    Blah

If he was a banker he would have received a 50% bonus and a promotion, for bringing innovative solutions to the market and generating a very good return on investment to the bank.

We know what his mistake was.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

To be fair, selling the same product over and over is how artists make (or don't, as the case may be) a living.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Imagine if he had more than one bottle
        Blah

Comment

He would put two in at the same time?
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Genius he is, could find a way to feed two of those recycling machines simultaneously!

Otherwise just engage a helper and share the profit
            Blah

Comment

If they let him on this a little longer, with the funds he could have made a robot recycler, thus #1 automate, making him the member of the ruling classes (collects the profits, while not needing to work), invest in more robots so the profits could grow.

If this was an American who did it, he would be the next Jeff Bezos by now. While his robots would be doing the recycling, he would have a team of lobbyists to ensure that his activity is legal, and he would be making America great again! I am sure that he would be able to contribute to the Clinton Global foundation as an act of generosity to help those in need.

It's just that German judges lack vision, the courts stifle the business again!

Comment

He could have just farmed it out to a homeless person who would probably just work for booze.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I saw the title, all I could think about was the Seinfeld episode - The Michigan Deposit Bottle Scam
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That would be worse.
                    Man faces prison after allegedly trying to deposit 10,000 bottles in Michigan
                    Brian Everidge accused of attempting to pull off a caper straight out of Seinfeld, hoping to cash in on bottles bought out of state
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      When I saw the title, all I could think about was the Seinfeld episode - The Michigan Deposit Bottle Scam
                      Yeah, I did too.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                        That's some bull**** right there. He didn't even try and return the cans, he was pulled over for speeding and explained them by saying he was planning to return them. So they're charging him with an offense he hasn't committed on the grounds of intent, despite him not actually specifying WHERE he intended to return them. Despite the overall mocking tone of the article, if his lawyer loses that case he's an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                          If he was a banker he would have received a 50% bonus and a promotion, for bringing innovative solutions to the market and generating a very good return on investment to the bank.

We know what his mistake was.
                          Truth

Comment

The increasing demand for electronic products has led to rise in electronic waste. However, only a small percentage of the global electronic waste is being recycled, while a large portion is often dumped into landfills. Inadequate public education and lack of awareness has further increased the recycling problem. More visibility in terms of collection methods, adequate support from the government and increased awareness among the consumers is expected to boost the electronics recycling market.

Comment

Working...
                            X