On using the Internet for "research"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On using the Internet for "research"

Just recently I have been using the Internet to research a topic.

Being an old school kind of bloke I rely on books that are printed on paper. Books written by credible authorities.

This Internet research thing is thus new for me.

I am stunned by the sheer quantity of incorrect "facts" uncovered by my Research.

I was actually reading an article, on history, that seems to have drawn on a movie. It closely resembled the content of a movie I saw complete with inaccuracies and unsubstantiated "facts".

I despair for our young who probably rely on Professor Google to learn new things.

Your thoughts?

We are doomed.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

History is written by the victors, and on the internet everyone wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
        Just recently I have been using the Internet to research a topic.

Being an old school kind of bloke I rely on books that are printed on paper. Books written by credible authorities.

This Internet research thing is thus new for me.

I am stunned by the sheer quantity of incorrect "facts" uncovered by my Research.

I was actually reading an article, on history, that seems to have drawn on a movie. It closely resembled the content of a movie I saw complete with inaccuracies and unsubstantiated "facts".

I despair for our young who probably rely on Professor Google to learn new things.

Your thoughts?
        I find the Internet fairly reliable, my suggestion would go with a known reputable soource
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

/me shrugs. I've read a lot of bull**** in books. The difference seems to be the speed with which you're able to find bull****.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            History is written by the victors, and on the internet everyone wins!
            Alexander Hamilton werent skeered...he werent alive 24 hours later neither!!!!
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
            X