Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever given money to a politician?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever given money to a politician?

Keep seeing on political forums people saying that even though they're broke as **** they've still donated repeatedly to a candidate. As an English person this is absolutely bizarre to me, as most political donors in the UK tend to be extremely rich people. Have you ever put your hand in your pocket and handed your hard earned cash to a millionaire running a billion dollar Presidential campaign?
    Yes, the poor millionaire clearly needs it more than me.
    10.00%
    Yes, but only in exchange for sexual favours.
    10.00%
    No, I'm not retarded.
    80.00%

The poll is expired.

Invalid poll.

No, for a variety of reasons. I don't have the money, but I also don't want to be affiliated with any... thing for wacky philosophical reasons.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The poll was just the pointless cherry on top, I'm expecting people to use the handy reply button to expand on their rationale for throwing their money away.

Comment

I equate it with giving money to most common beggars on the street. All they're going to do is waste it on booze and drugs.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          The poll was just the pointless cherry on top, I'm expecting people to use the handy reply button to expand on their rationale for throwing their money away.
          What the hell are you putting the cherry on top of if there's no banana?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I donate more to PACs. Anything to advance the left wing gay agenda I have lmao.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              What the hell are you putting the cherry on top of if there's no banana?
              I thought about adding it, but then decided to be a complete ******* instead.

Comment

No. I guess I could in theory if I ever encountered a politician or political movement I believed in, but that was never really true and I project it will become even less true as time goes by.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  No. I guess I could in theory if I ever encountered a politician or political movement I believed in, but that was never really true and I project it will become even less true as time goes by.
                  You never know. Even I might have crumbled and sent Bernie 27 bucks if I was a US citizen.

Comment

Bernie sounded naive and cranky, but generally well-intentioned, which put him considerably above the two we got but not high enough for me to part with the dough.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I've given money to reputable charities. No way am I going to give money to a lying politicians.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Bernie sounded naive and cranky, but generally well-intentioned, which put him considerably above the two we got but not high enough for me to part with the dough.
                        The naive part is funny considering he's been a politician for about 40 years. It's kind of sad though that these days a politician saying things like 'lets look after each other, and make sure everyone has a decent standard of living' classes as naive.

Comment

I am guilty of giving Obama $20 in 2008 mainly because I wanted him to beat Hillary in tge primaries.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            I am guilty of giving Obama $20 in 2008 mainly because I wanted him to beat Hillary in tge primaries.
                            This means we get to blame you for the Obama regime.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I gave money to Bernie, over 100 USD.

He isn't a millionaire.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X