Hurricane Matthew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Matthew

I live in Jacksonville N C home of Camp Lejeune about an hour north of Wilmington NC.

We are looking at 10-14 inches of rain with some counties near 16 inches.

Flooding and many Tornadoes today.

This has been a very odd Hurricane, slotted to go ne way, re assessed then predicted to stay off our cast, then a sharp right and head back toward Bahamas.

Matthew had other plans.

We had a lot of saturating soaking rain this week and then this Hurricane!

Lots of power outages, I-95 closed both directions in both South Carolina and North Carolina as well as portions of I40.

The system is now downgraded to a Tropical Storm however the returning winds will be from the southwest at 75-85 MPH!

Flooding everywhere you go!~

Tornado Warning until at least Midnight.

We had two Tornadoes within half a mile earlier...very scary how many have spawned today!

Flash Flood warnings all along the eastern area of North Carolina.

Anyone else experiencing this today?

Regards

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I live in Orlando and despite what the fearmongers at Channel 9 said that it was going to slam into Brevard County and go over Titusville, AAHZ predicted it would not and would in fact go north and hug the coast.

I was right. AAHZ predicted a goddamn hurricane.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

With all the scientific tools,knowledge and multi-country input n various modules, the prediction a few days ago had it off the Florida coast headed North then shifting North and Northeast.....

Then Wednesday I believe changes came,North to about due East of Charleston South Carolina and perform a Button Hook and head back South and towards the Bahamas....

Then on Friday started to yet change again......slowly foregoing the Button Hook and calling an audible.....

I believe it finally came ashore in McClellanville South Carolina then exited back over the Atlantic near Brunswick County / North Carolina State line.

We watched (and felt) the winds, heard the rain and the Thunder as well as saw the lightning...as Matthew rolled just south and then east of us..

The pressure gradients with the system, possibly a Nor'Easter combined with a gradually weakening Matthew saw very intense winds now coming from the North by Northwest and more power outages...shew....winds are near 80 mph with a few gusts stronger ..

Take care bubba

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
        I live in Orlando and despite what the fearmongers at Channel 9 said that it was going to slam into Brevard County and go over Titusville, AAHZ predicted it would not and would in fact go north and hug the coast.

I was right. AAHZ predicted a goddamn hurricane.
        Get your butt to Vegas now!
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

People that want to "ride it out" are idiots.
          You've been told. Lack of action is Darwin's Theory at work.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            People that want to "ride it out" are idiots.
            You've been told. Lack of action is Darwin's Theory at work.
            Amen SlowwHand, the biggest issue we faced was all the rain the week before..lots of trees down around now.......10-15 inches of rain was ending talley.

They have a rescue from Fayetteville NC and the woman and her baby...she went into running water on a roadway..lucky she didnt die!

Gramps

Comment

It was with tears of laughter that we heard that a incospicious hurricane named "malakas" is threatining some part of the world.
              Malakas, literally, means w@nker.
              They need to screen their meteorologists better in the um meteorological center.

Thankfully malakas lived up to its name and apparently produced no casualties

Comment

Meanwhile in Haiti: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/wo...e-matthew.html
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  It was with tears of laughter that we heard that a incospicious hurricane named "malakas" is threatining some part of the world.
                  Malakas, literally, means w@nker.
                  They need to screen their meteorologists better in the um meteorological center.

Thankfully malakas lived up to its name and apparently produced no casualties
                  Matthew had many....sad indeed!

350 plus between the start ten days ago and now...reported deaths that is.....

Gramps

Comment

Working...
                  X