Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 2.39 sale on SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURIâ„¢ PLANETARY PACK at G.O.G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ 2.39 sale on SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURIâ„¢ PLANETARY PACK at G.O.G.

While people are getting excited about the Shiny New Thing -admittedly not at 'Poly, but still- about to drop, now's a good time to check out/revisit a classic...

https://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

I'd like to play older games sometimes, but the prob for me is that they usually do not support higher screen resolutions we have these days, so either everything gets pretty small (windowed mode) or stretched out...
    Blah

Comment

I already have it, but I will gladly recomend it to others!
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        I'd like to play older games sometimes, but the prob for me is that they usually do not support higher screen resolutions we have these days, so either everything gets pretty small (windowed mode) or stretched out...
        That's not a problem with SMAC/X - works fine with 1920x1200 full screen and you can zoom from sattelite to nostril hair view.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I got it last year on a similar sale. Worth every penny.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

[shrugs] I ain't running a forum devoted to a single game that old 'cause I think it'll make me rich...
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Since upgrading to win10 I couldn't run the game - installed fine but couldn't run. Just bought and downloaded the gog version and it just works fine even with old saves
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
              X