No announcement yet.

My therapist suggested the unexpected!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My therapist suggested the unexpected!

So I went to a therapist today at work. Great work benefit! Talked about relationships and all that.

She said I should consider being by myself for a while and take care of my other needs in the meanwhile.

"Right... but I don't really have lots of time to find company, and I don't like to go to bars anymore, unless with friends, and then I'm with them."

And she implied that maybe it would not be the worst thing to get someone regular for just sexual needs. Until I'm ready for someone else.

wow. Did not see that coming. Since when did therapists suggest sex partners for just sex, or possibly even prostitution?

And no, I don't think she was suggesting we'd be "allied". Then again, I found the idea pretty good.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pekka, I have the answer you seek.

Next time you see your therapist, whip out your penis. Everything else will fall into place from there.

Trust me. I have nevar given you bad advice before.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sex surrogates are probably a good idea for some, but for a young good looking guy, I don't know?
      Why pay for something that you can obviously get for almost nothing. You've had no shortage of women in the past.
      But most importantly, yes a little me time is never a bad thing, but you're not getting any younger. Every minute you spend with a surrogate is a minute not spent looking for that person you're going to get old with. That is the ultimate goal.

Of course if it's covered by your insurance...............
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i dread to think what kind of prostitutes most health insurance companies would be prepared to pay for...
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

It seems a fair bit of the therapist profession seems to think that sex is a necessity.

I didn't have sex until I was 29. So obviously I disagree.

It is wonderful and nice, but not a necessity.

JM
          (And after I started having sex, I still had periods of 6 months or longer without sex. So yeah.)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Not into prostution, have nothing against it, provided the workers are willing and not forced. I just see like I don't want to pay for it.

And no, I would not want to have a surrogate either. It's an option, but not a solution.

As for sex not being a necessity, for me it is. In terms that yes I will live without it, but with it, I am more focused.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

You are a young good looking guy who is single. Just go out on your free time and keep a look out for possible ladies. I don't even mean a bar but going out to dinner at casual places, take lessons in something you think you might like, hang out at a coffee shop, go to the museum or a sporting event, take a wake in the park and enjoy summer. Women will be all around you so strike up conversations and ask for phone numbers. Most will turn you down, don't take it personal as it is just part of the game, and if she does move on to the next and try again.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Go clubbing. That always works.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

not so much if you are a baby seal.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yah I could go clubbing.

On other news, I feel very over already, only a week later. I am expecting let downs, things remind meminding, but, baseline is setting and I have a feeling of "You just dodged yet another bullet, get your act straight".

Time to fire some baby bullets!
                    In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      i dread to think what kind of prostitutes most health insurance companies would be prepared to pay for...
                      "I'm sorry baby, it says here your policy won't cover BJs."
                      "Man, what am I paying them for if I can't get sucked off?"
                      ". . . it says here they want you to try getting spanked for three sessions and see if that works first."
                      "Seriously?"
                      "You could also get a prior authorization. Or write a 'dear Penthouse' letter."
                      "Man, what a hassle."
                      "Or just pay me to have sex with them, maybe see if they'll change their policy."
                      "Whoa. Is that really how the new system works?"
                      "Baby, insurance companies have always made their coverage decisions that way."
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

When Prostitution became legal here a whole new business sector developed: Reviews and Ads.

Nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to throw it in.
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

The reviews could be entertaining.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's a dumb advice if he/she said it like that.
                            Rather don't get overexcited.

On danger of sounding like ben, relations are like investments. Sounds hard and cold but hear me out. That's especially helpful with guys who get overexcited (I wonder who we are )

Thing is, you make a small investment and if it pays off you make a larger and a larger one.

It's impossible to know a person straight from the beggining.

You get to know her little by little (shagging away into the night while you're at it of course)

Step by step discovery.

Yes the full all out is charming and powerful but it usually comes crushing down.

So, no.
                            No sex buddies, no prostitues (come on! paying for sex? apart that this is rotten anyway IMO)

But relationships that start casually and gradually. And yes, if you think you're not in one that satisfys you then simply don't give it more than it deserves for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka View Post
                              So I went to a therapist today at work. Great work benefit! Talked about relationships and all that.

She said I should consider being by myself for a while and take care of my other needs in the meanwhile.

"Right... but I don't really have lots of time to find company, and I don't like to go to bars anymore, unless with friends, and then I'm with them."

And she implied that maybe it would not be the worst thing to get someone regular for just sexual needs. Until I'm ready for someone else.

wow. Did not see that coming. Since when did therapists suggest sex partners for just sex, or possibly even prostitution?

And no, I don't think she was suggesting we'd be "allied". Then again, I found the idea pretty good.
                              Therapist is there to help you find happiness.

I think she gave you good advice.

Pekka

soon I will invite you to see me if you want

life is too short

I need to meet Pekka
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X