Perseids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too overcast to get a good luck.
    And we're 20-25 miles north of Chicago so it's not as bad as in the city.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The most spectacular meteor I ever was was mid November. 1994, closing night of my first renfair. I was talking to two people out in the unlit participant parking lot, and there was a fireball -I know it was just the breaking up, but it seemed like I could see flames a little- in the western sky that lasted so long, one of them was able to turn all the way around and see it before it burned out.

Saw my first naked-eye comet at a renfair in Arizona just east of Phoenix in early 1997 - it didn't do anything of course, but hang there across a third of the sky every night for weeks, and the view was magnificent in the desert air. -Wow; that did a lot to make up for Kahotek in 79 and Hailey's in 86...
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Hale-Bopp, I think?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I believe that's the one. I'd missed it completely coming in in the fall of 96 and never expected a chance to see it coming back until I did.
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I saw some of them falling in 300 /bad
            Blah

Comment

once again, the perseids are being coy *******s. it's supposed to rain the rest of the weekend.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                once again, the perseids are being coy *******s. it's supposed to rain the rest of the weekend.
                I can't tell you how happy your misery makes me. The pleasure I get from your pain. Joy from your suffering. Hold on let me enjoy the feeling for a minute...

*ahh*

There we go. Now please, SB, enjoy the rest of your sadness. I have.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                X