Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    Help an old man's memory. Did Obama do what he said he would do on the foreign policy side during his first election campaign?

While I agree that the Dumpster would probably be a disaster, thinking you know 100% what would happen seems a bit silly.
    Not 100%, but if he even gets half of what he wants... It would be a total disaster. Obama has more or less remained in line with a lot of what he has said. And his approval ratings are higher than anyone else.

I must remind people Trump doesn't come alone. He would bring the disastrous GOP. You aren't voting for a dictator. This isn't Erdogan we are talking about, though aspires to be like Erdogan.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
      yes, that's why no takes nor has ever taken you seriously.
      Really? Coming from the guy who never backs himself up that's rich.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
        Really?
        yes, really, mr BAM.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

yes, really, mr BAM.
          You are a bigger bam around here. remind me when you actually provide support for your arguments. Or are too lazy to do that? I posted an article about Trumps support of rape and murder in Turkey.

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Trump aspires to be America's Erdogan.

Comment

Here is something to enjoy for Trump detractors on foreign policy - from 2007, almost 10 years now.

and here is the opposition, also from 2007

Youtube

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

He would bring the disastrous GOP.
                  Best point made today.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Total cheerleader this guy is. (Referring to onefootin...). Yeah he is an isolationist lmao.

For a guy who was against the Iraq war, he wants to deploy tens of thousands of troops there again.

Trump used to support Hillary heavily. The man obviously has become unhinged the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      Total cheerleader this guy is. (Referring to onefootin...). Yeah he is an isolationist lmao.

For a guy who was against the Iraq war, he wants to deploy tens of thousands of troops there again.

Trump used to support Hillary heavily. The man obviously has become unhinged the last few years.
                      The same reference, but not from the beast... http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald...b-isis-2015-11

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has elaborated on his strategy to defeat the terrorist group ISIS at a memorable rally in Iowa and during an interview Thursday on CNN.

During a speech at Decker Auditorium in Fort Dodge, Iowa, Trump said he would go after ISIS-controlled oil fields and "bomb the s--- out of 'em," to loud applause.

"ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away," Trump said.

He continued: "They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the s--- out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes. ... I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new — it'll be beautiful."

Basically he is arguing to cut off the oil revenues from ISIS which is indeed an achievable target, both by blowing up the infrastructure, and actually possible to defend, if need be.

He is certainly not making "nation building" proposals here.

No need to make Trump the bad guy everywhere, on every single topic, it is also possible to build a case against voting for him in a more sensible, constructive way, arguing against him on topics such as immigration control, abortion, torture.

However on foreign policy topics he is without a doubt a saner choice than Hillary.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I very much disagree. And my dislike of Obama arrises almost entirely from his foreign policy.

JM
                        (After talking to people, I think I am settling on that he did the best that can really be expected... but I still strongly disapprove of his foreign policy.)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Both would lead to mass death in different ways, Hillary by doubling down on Obama's policies and Trump by ignoring the situation entirely while Putin and Iran do the requisite dirty work. And continuing to drop bombs on ISIS, which is always good theater but won't really accomplish a whole lot. I don't think there's much interest in refraining from dropping bombs on ISIS anyhow. That's one point of consensus here.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i think that some people need to face up the fact that the US is a far more serious threat to world peace than russia and/or iran.

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                              The same reference, but not from the beast... http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald...b-isis-2015-11

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump has elaborated on his strategy to defeat the terrorist group ISIS at a memorable rally in Iowa and during an interview Thursday on CNN.

During a speech at Decker Auditorium in Fort Dodge, Iowa, Trump said he would go after ISIS-controlled oil fields and "bomb the s--- out of 'em," to loud applause.

"ISIS is making a tremendous amount of money because they have certain oil camps, certain areas of oil that they took away," Trump said.

He continued: "They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the s--- out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right. I'd blow up the pipes. ... I'd blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you'll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new — it'll be beautiful."

Basically he is arguing to cut off the oil revenues from ISIS which is indeed an achievable target, both by blowing up the infrastructure, and actually possible to defend, if need be.

He is certainly not making "nation building" proposals here.

No need to make Trump the bad guy everywhere, on every single topic, it is also possible to build a case against voting for him in a more sensible, constructive way, arguing against him on topics such as immigration control, abortion, torture.

However on foreign policy topics he is without a doubt a saner choice than Hillary.
                              No need to be his personal cheer leader on his ignorant foreign policy ideas. No, I am going that Hillary is the better one on foreign policy. Not buying it. His views don't really represent reality. You just don't bomb the **** out of oil pipelines, which the Iraqi government needs to recapture. They need the revenues, so his views would actually make the situation worse.

Iraqi troops need to recapture these facilities relatively intact.

Comment

i think that some people need to face up the fact that the US is a far more serious threat to world peace than russia and/or iran.
                                I think everyone knows it.
                                However other matters seem to take precedence.
                                I'm not so concerned about war (I know it's petty) but about ideological principles that affect directly many countries. Such as how can you trust even in the minimum a country with such high poverty, gun deaths, prisons for profit ffs etc etc

It is an abhorent model.

On the other hand there is no other "concrete" ancor at present

Comment

Working...
                                X