Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    So, do terrible business decisions = stupidity?
    It all depends on what your goals are.
    If you're a narcissistic ass that thrives on exposure maybe some of those decisions were part of his plan.
    Good god man, he's a democrat that was able to win the other parties nomination. He's obviously done something right.
    And it's still great theater. The man is going to remembered for a long time. Which I'm sure was part of the grand plan.
    I agree with you that it was never his desire to win.
    He is stupid in my opinion. At least he sounds incredibly stupid. It's not just his bad business decisions. If it is all a show, I would be impressed... But I will go with my first impression. The man is an idiot and he has been on the fence for years politically. He had friends in the Reagan administration too. I think now he has showed his true colors. A moronic right wing racist.

BTW, Americans have a short attention span so after this election is over he will be an afterthought.
    Last edited by Giancarlo; August 30, 2016, 13:54. Reason: Verb tense
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• I doubt it. He was a reality start prior and will probably be afterwards. His name will still be on all those buildings. I'm not claiming he will be remembered fondly.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I doubt it. He was a reality start prior and will probably be afterwards. His name will still be on all those buildings. I'm not claiming he will be remembered fondly.
        Not too sure. His missteps may cost him hundreds of millions with his business partners. He basically screwed up a working relationship he had with Carlos Slim (who could bury him financially).

His ego will be his downfall.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• He's already turned over most of his businesses to his kids so I doubt he really cares that much. He has to have hundreds of millions before anything can cost him that.

But it's silly to argue over, since we have no definitive proof. But again, doing some dumb things doesn't make you stupid.
          I'm sure everyone on the planet has done a few dumb things.

The Dumpster is the Dumpster.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Doing many dumb things over and over may make someone possibly dumb lol. Also never learning from his mistakes. Warren Buffett is right... Trump is a lousy businessman, and what he turned over to his kids wasn't much to speak about.

BTW, Emerson recently released some outlier polls. The polling agency is quite republican biased and its polls are considered crap. They had two closer ones in Pennsylvania and Michigan which make no sense and have large margin of errors.

Pennsylvania has seen multiple polls with Hillary ahead by large margins. Emerson said 3% yesterday lol. Monmouth (more reliable) has said 8% today.
            Last edited by Giancarlo; August 30, 2016, 15:25.

Comment

• It's just so predictable. If you don't like Hillary, she's completely dishonest. If you don't like Trump, he's a racist idiot.
              I'm sure the truth isn't quite the perception.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Trump is a dishonest racist idiot and it doesn't take much digging to come to that conclusion.

Comment

• And Hillary has been proven to be untrustworthy, blah blah blah.
                  They both Suck. News at 1100

And please don't equate my discussion with you about it as an endorsement for him. I just don't think he's as stupid as you think he is.
                  Just like I doubt Hillary is as untrustworthy as I think she is (well maybe)
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Oh he is incredibly stupid. It has to do with his ego. He let's his ego control himself. He doesn't have much of a brain either. Lousy **** businessman and and an idiot on top of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                      Oh he is incredibly stupid. It has to do with his ego. He let's his ego control himself. He doesn't have much of a brain either. Lousy **** businessman and and an idiot on top of that.
                      He's an excellent businessman. He pays himself first, even if it leaves nothing for his business partners and unsecure creditors. This is Capitalism!
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

And Hillary has been proven to be untrustworthy, blah blah blah.
                        They both Suck. News at 1100
                        This is a false equivalency. No, Hillary is not a great candidate. In fact, I would be willing to grant that she is a worse candidate than anyone else in recent history save George Bush Jr.

However, Trump is a not only a terrible candidate but also a racist, sexist, xenophobic, blowhard, lying, pompous, delusional *******. The fact that he is a major party candidate is an embarrassment to the entire United States.

So, putting them in the same sentence by saying "yeah, they both suck" serves to put them both on roughly the same playing field -- artificially elevating Trump and getting his stink all over Hillary.

Also, he's undoubtedly stupid (but he does have all the best words).
                        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
                          She is alright in my book... could have we done better? Maybe. But she is the one running and that is all there is to say. Suck? Not really. She's not wonderful, but I think she'll do just fine as President.
                          Fair Point although it seems a bit premature, who can tell how she would do as president?
                          No disrespect but who knows what the next terms will bring worldwise. World Economy is a wildcard atm, Middle East actually worse than ever, US Leadership in most global issues non-existent?

We are but children of our time and I, for one don't know whether Mrs. Clinton quite arrived.

Spoiler:
                          Me thinks while GWB was the wrong man at the wrong time, he would have probably have fared better during the cold war than his presidency. which leads to the question: Would Lincoln have handed 9/11 better? How would Washingon handle the 60s (legalize hemp?), JFK the internet? Under which one would the Secession have succeeded or prohibition not happened?
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                            Fair Point although it seems a bit premature, who can tell how she would do as president?
                            No disrespect but who knows what the next terms will bring worldwise. World Economy is a wildcard atm, Middle East actually worse than ever, US Leadership in most global issues non-existent?

We are but children of our time and I, for one don't know whether Mrs. Clinton quite arrived.

Spoiler:
                            Me thinks while GWB was the wrong man at the wrong time, he would have probably have fared better during the cold war than his presidency. which leads to the question: Would Lincoln have handed 9/11 better? How would Washingon handle the 60s (legalize hemp?), JFK the internet? Under which one would the Secession have succeeded or prohibition not happened?
                            That's why I said I think she will do fine.

Obama has done fine and maintains a respectable approval rating, but his approval went up after people saw how rotten Trump is.

As far as US leadership in most global issues? Care to explain? Sounds more like a swipe at Obama.

Comment

• Don't get too complacent. Latest polls show Hillary's lead is shrinking. In any case, she and her associates have certainly been aggressive about asking for donations lately.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Which polls? Because from the way I see it Trump is stuck in the mid 30s now. And she has good leads in various key states.

Her national polling has been quite stable. LA Times continues to be the weird outlier. Most of her polling in the last two weeks has been stable between 5-10%.

Edit: Trump is in mid 30s in three or four way polling. Gary Johnson takes 6-11% away mainly from him. Johnson is going to be a big spoiler for any chance he has.

Again... Very stable polling from Hillary. Emerson is meaningless and has a very strong GOP bias

She also easily outraises dumpster every time.
                                Last edited by Giancarlo; August 31, 2016, 14:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X