No announcement yet.

The Reverse Racism Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes polls are sometimes wrong, but only people who are pushing an agenda say that they are wrong when they want other people to vote for their candidate. Likewise, you are an anti-science moron trying to get people to believe that cops kill people because they are black.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Given that the police were aware that they're being tested I think it's possible that they intentionally tried to not appear racist. In a real encounter where they might actually feel endangered, they might behave differently, and I get the impression that in the real world black suspects are more likely to encounter an excessive use of force than white suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        Don't get me started on "transport" or "transfers"
        They're even more inconsistent when it comes to "transsubstantiation" or "transorbital lobotomies."
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
          Given that the police were aware that they're being tested I think it's possible that they intentionally tried to not appear racist. In a real encounter where they might actually feel endangered, they might behave differently, and I get the impression that in the real world black suspects are more likely to encounter an excessive use of force than white suspects.
          So you're saying that they don't want to look racist in the lab, but they don't mind out in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Blah Blah Blah... Insult... Insult... Insult... Blah Blah Blah
            Thanks for performing as expected.
            Have a nice day.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
              Thanks for performing as expected.
              Right back at you.

Comment

SOOOOOOOO True!

Even the researchers admit the problem with the study... From their summary " As a result of its lack of external validity, however, this methodology provides limited insight into officer behavior in the field."
                Not making any judgement as to the results of the study, but knowing in advance what its for might not be as big an effect as we might think. Have you ever tried that Harvard test for racial prejudice? You know exactly what it is when you do it, but innate prejudices still end up coming through. Its a very strange experience.

Comment

Ming just doesn't know what "limited" means. She's expanding her research, so we shall see.

Comment

Ming just doesn't know what "limited" means. She's expanding her research, so we shall see.
                    Well you obviously don't know. But keep it up... A laugh a minute. THANKS!
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      Not making any judgement as to the results of the study, but knowing in advance what its for might not be as big an effect as we might think. Have you ever tried that Harvard test for racial prejudice? You know exactly what it is when you do it, but innate prejudices still end up coming through. Its a very strange experience.
                      The Harvard test is an example of something done right.
                      This research is based on a sample base consisting of a ton of police from Spokane, not Chicago, Washington, St. Louis, or any other major city with race issues.
                      It's not representative of the Major Cities at all and can't be considered a national sample... Combine that with the video game aspect and you have a study which produces results that are probably less than "limited"
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Well you obviously don't know. But keep it up... A laugh a minute. THANKS!
                        This is a little anti-intellectual game that you play everyday and you think that it does some good.

Comment

The Harvard test is an example of something done right.
                          This research is based on a sample base consisting of a ton of police from Spokane, not Chicago, Washington, St. Louis, or any other major city with race issues.
                          It's not representative of the Major Cities at all and can't be considered a national sample... Combine that with the video game aspect and you have a study which produces results that are probably less than "limited"
                          Nobody is saying it's a large sample. That's why it's limited. There's no such thing as "less than limited" you anti-science turd.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            It's like that employment test. I still don't know if I'm supposed to admit that I've stolen pens before or not. But somehow that's supposed to tell whether or not I'm going to steal at work or not, because experts made the test. Likewise, an expert crimonnologist created this simulation and anyone with any brains will not just assume they know more than her,

Comment

Nobody is saying it's a large sample. That's why it's limited. There's no such thing as "less than limited" you anti-science turd.
                              You are the one trying to say how relevant this one city's little research study is. It has no national significance. As I said before, if you want to really understand the results of a study, you have look closely at a lot of factors. The sample base is one of the most important.

And gee, anti-science turd. Did you learn that in preschool?
                              Yet another typical and predictable response from you.
                              Thanks for providing laughs for everybody.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

You are the one trying to say how relevant this one city's little research study is. It has no national significance. As I said before, if you want to really understand the results of a study, you have look closely at a lot of factors. The sample base is one of the most important.

And gee, anti-science turd. Did you learn that in preschool?
                                Yet another typical and predictable response from you.
                                Thanks for providing laughs for everybody.
                                If you think this has no national significance then you don't know a damn thing about research. You start with a small sample. The size of the sample is chosen because it is significant. People don't waste money and resources on research for nothing. This is why you're being called stupid, not because of my lack of argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X