Young vs. Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young vs. Old

Which are worse, younger or older people?

It's a difficult decision IMO because on the one hand, I dislike younger ppl walking around looking ALWAYS onto their smartphones without any regard to what's in front of them. On the other, older ppl routinely stop at the end of an escalator ("ooooh look, a new level") without any regard to what's behind them.

Discuss.
    Blah

Individually, older people are worse because they ought to know better by now

However, as a whole younger people are worse because there are more of them
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

On the other, older ppl routinely stop at the end of an escalator ("ooooh look, a new level") without any regard to what's behind them.
      If that's you biggest complaint about oldsters than the young are worse. But as an oldster myself I KNOW there are worse things.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        Individually, older people are worse because they ought to know better by now

However, as a whole younger people are worse because there are more of them
        Demographics are rapidly shifting towards the old.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I'm shifting towards the old right along with the demographics, so my definition of "old" is shifting as well
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

If taken cumulatively, old people are clearly worse than young people, because they were young and awful once and now are old and awful. Young people still have an opportunity to avoid that fate.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm old, and I would rather be young... So I guess old is worse.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Young people still have an opportunity to avoid that fate.
                But I think all of us know how that's going to turn out.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Young people don't have to worry about sitting on their nuts.
                  So old is definitely worse.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Boomers.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Idiots (of any age)
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                        Which are worse, younger or older people?

It's a difficult decision IMO because on the one hand, I dislike younger ppl walking around looking ALWAYS onto their smartphones without any regard to what's in front of them. On the other, older ppl routinely stop at the end of an escalator ("ooooh look, a new level") without any regard to what's behind them.

Discuss.
                        I do both.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Old people don't smell or look as nice but they tend to be smarter as they have had more experience and time to learn.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hey! I still smell OK.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Judging by Dinner's "related thread" ... older are definitely worse. Or better. Depending on perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X