No announcement yet.

Groundhog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, caught you guys up with what are IMO the best Civ VI articles that come out today. You already had the video up.

Of course there's a lot of the same article written by someone else out there, and everyone has a little different taste in who to read, but I picked the most broad spectrum ones I know of.

All the rest is rather old news at this point.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Good man.

---

Ming, we need the link exchange back at your convenience.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

So the site was so shocked at my return it shat itself and died?

Comment

It was Oerdin acting community-spirited did that. All gone, all gone...
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Solver View Post
            Aeson, did you retain any of the new content in the database? Partially?

It should not be impossible to restore some of the content automatically based on that, if you have anything remaining. I think similar magic has been done here earlier, during one of the forum upgrades.
            I'll check, but I think it's completely gone. The tables were dropped. Recovering from disk is unlikely to yield anything as almost all the disk space was written over a couple times getting the backups transferred over and restored.

Comment

The ricketyclik diaries

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                Some avatars aren't showing up for me

The attachments and avatars are on the server as files still, but vB lost the directions and saves them in a way it's hard to find anything specific by hand.

If there are any critically important files that were uploaded let me know. I can probably recover it, especially if you remember the date it was uploaded.

Comment

poor Serb. He lost several thousand poasts last year when his first Russian thrade vanished...

Now he loses a ****ton moar with the disappearance of Reg's "What Happened to the Großrossia Thread?" Although I thought that thrade was older than a few months, but I can't find it anywhere, here or Google.

Also a few hours has passed and the OTF is still here, so I hope things won't get rolled back again, so AAHZ can work his magic.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

oops It is here on the first page... don't know why I couldn't see it.

Still he only evar poasted there or in that Music Thrade, which was also crippled by several months.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

The Crisis in Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx View Post
                        Hey, my password didn't get rolled back!

Man, that sucks Aeson. I remember having a similar problem when my website got hacked a while back. The host was able to restore things when I wasn't able to from the control panel side.
                        Thanks for posting the reviews!

Yah, it's not a pleasant feeling ... glad your host was able to restore your site.

Comment

So long civ 6 forum.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sorry about that Dinner, You were doing a great job keeping us updated.

I've recreated the forum (new URL though, http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/394-Civilization-6) so we can start building again.

Comment

So have we identified what caused the problem?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I did. I had screwed up the backup process on Feb 2, and the backups since then are worthless.

Basically ... the huge database tables are compressed and broken up into hundreds of pieces then transferred to Amazon storage ... then can be retrieved and put back together. But most of the pieces were not actually transferring. The backup I had made by hand when testing this backup process worked (it is the one that was restored), but none of the automated ones did.

So that was broken months ago, unknowingly. Last night I was moving CivBE and Civ V threads to consolidate the inactive/very low content forums, and the Civ V forum was lost. I must have deleted it or done something else catastrophic. I should have stopped there and waited till I could think things through properly and test it on another forum. I tried to backup just the Civ V threads but that didn't work and broke most of the forum. The backups were dropping the tables without adding most of the stuff back.

The latest complete backup that worked was the Feb 2 one.

Comment

Working...
                                X