No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Robinson - the only man to win MVP in both the American and National Leagues, and also the first black manager in both the AL and NL, has died at the age of 83.

RIP to one of my childhood heroes.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Rudi Assauer (4/30/1944 - 2/6/2019)

Probably rather unknown over the great pond.
      He was a very successful soccer player in one iconic soccer club in Ruhr Valley ... BVB Dortmund
      and later, after his active soccer career, led another conic soccer club as its manager ... FC Schalke 04

Likewise iconic, the view of him smoking cigars when watching his club playing:

Malocher und Manager, gelernter Stahlbauschlosser und Anzugträger, Schalker Legende und ewiger Borusse - Rudi Assauer war ein Mann der Gegensätze. Und wurde zu einer prägenden Figur der Fußball-Bundesliga.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC
        Oreo the raccoon: Guardians of the Galaxy model dies aged 10

Oreo the raccoon, the real-life model for Guardians of the Galaxy character Rocket, has died aged 10.

The news was announced on the comic book superhero team's Facebook page.

"Oreo passed away in the early hours of this morning after a very short illness," it reads. "Many thanks to our wonderful vets for their compassion and care."

Rocket the raccoon was voiced by Bradley Cooper in the 2014 film and its 2017 sequel.

Oreo died after a short illness early on Thursday morning, the Facebook post says.

"You have been an amazing ambassador for raccoons everywhere," it reads. "You were perfect."

Oreo the raccoon was the real-life model for the Guardians of the Galaxy film character Rocket.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Albert Finney also is dead.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• RIP Mars Rover

Robot the size of a golf buggy has sent data to Earth for 15 years but fell silent eight months ago and Nasa says mission is complete
            Blah

Comment

• RIP Opportunity ...
              it has been nice 15 years with you
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• "abandoned property available for salvage"

Comment

• One of the biggest names in the fashion industry (and surely the biggest german there) is no more.

RIP Karl Lagerfeld

Karl Lagerfeld, one of the most influential and recognizable fashion designers of the 20th century, died Tuesday at the age of 85. The German designer is best known for his work as the creative director of Chanel, the French luxury fashion house.

Comment

• How long after crimes against humanity until a culture should be considered "humanity"?

Comment

• Hey, Hey, we're the Monkeys! Peter Tork has died at 77.
                      Peter Tork, a member of one of the first boy bands, The Monkees, dies at the age of 77.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Katherine Helmond has died at the age of 89. For those of you who watched Soap or Who's the Boss?
                        Katherine Helmond, the sitcom star whose memorable roles as ditzy matriarchs in “Soap,” “Who’s the Boss?” and “Coach” endeared her to audiences of all ages, has died.

Comment

• Luke Perry dies from a stroke. He was only 52.

Comment

• Much too soon

Comment

• They didn't include him in the reunion

Comment

• King Kong Bundy has joined the choir eternal.

Comment

Working...
                                X