Christmas stories or how the rennaisance was born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas stories or how the rennaisance was born

Η σύνταξη ελάχιστη. Τα χρήματα είχαν ήδη τελειώσει. Η γιαγιά έκλεψε από το σούπερ μάρκετ καραμέλες αξίας 27 ευρώ για να τις κάνει δώρο στα εγγόνια της για τα Χριστούγεννα. Όμως στο ταμείο την ανακάλυψαν και κλήθηκαν οι καραμπινιέροι. Και εκείνοι πλήρωσαν για τις καραμέλες.

(google translate)
    Rome, Italy
    The pension was small. The money had already finished. A Grandmother stole from the supermarket worth EUR 27 candies to make them as a gift to grandchildren for Christmas. But the cashier discovered it and called the carabinieri. And they paid for the candies ...
    The story comes from Brescia, Italy starring 75 year old who has to live with a pension of 400 euros.
    "I'm not a thief. I just wanted to make a gift to my grandchildren, but I run out of money, "said the old woman when the cashier discovered her bag full of candies.
    Two Carabinieri arrived after being called by the administration of the supermarket, but instead of proceeding to the registration of the incident, they paid themselves for caramels afterhearing of the financial situation of the 75 year old.
    "It took only one glance to my colleague to understand what we had to do," said Enrico Marjoram, who went to the supermarket with his colleague Alessio Koloumpro.
    "When we paid, the lady hugged us and cried" ...

What kind of entitled **** thinks she can steal? Not like the kids were starving and needed that candy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The interesting part is the humanity of the police officers.

Comment

They should have shot her

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Texas Sava spotted.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

YEEEE- HAWWW

Comment

Candies worth 27 €???

Either the old woman has a really big family, or rome is truely expensive, or her grandchildren expect only luxurious things for christmas
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Or she didn't have the time to check the prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                  Candies worth 27 €???

Either the old woman has a really big family, or rome is truely expensive, or her grandchildren expect only luxurious things for christmas
                  Someone has to pay those bloated minimum wages. The end result is a box of candies costs $27.

**** that.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A geologist complaining about income redistribution? What a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                      http://news.in.gr/features/article/?aid=1500048234

(google translate)
                      Rome, Italy
                      The pension was small. The money had already finished. A Grandmother stole from the supermarket worth EUR 27 candies to make them as a gift to grandchildren for Christmas. But the cashier discovered it and called the carabinieri. And they paid for the candies ...
                      The story comes from Brescia, Italy starring 75 year old who has to live with a pension of 400 euros.
                      "I'm not a thief. I just wanted to make a gift to my grandchildren, but I run out of money, "said the old woman when the cashier discovered her bag full of candies.
                      Two Carabinieri arrived after being called by the administration of the supermarket, but instead of proceeding to the registration of the incident, they paid themselves for caramels afterhearing of the financial situation of the 75 year old.
                      "It took only one glance to my colleague to understand what we had to do," said Enrico Marjoram, who went to the supermarket with his colleague Alessio Koloumpro.
                      "When we paid, the lady hugged us and cried" ...
                      Awesome. The two policemen really are gentlemen.

Thank you for posting such a refreshing story.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                        A geologist complaining about income redistribution? What a surprise.
                        Yeah, I suppose. But even before I had a good paying job I thought there were better ways to help people while still keeping inflation low and maximizing employment opportunities. A doubling or even tripling of the earned income tax credit would really help address the same issue without spiking prices or decreasing the employment of low skilled people.

I really like Bernie Sanders but think he is off on two issues; his desire to increase the minimum wage and his open borders immigration policy. I would like to see the IS more selective towards highly skilled immigrants, more restrictive of low skilled immigrants, and believe no longer flooding the market with low skilled labor actually would improve incomes at the bottom especially if higher education was once again made free like it was in the 50"s and 60's.

That is what I would do, anyway, as I think it would address both sides concerns.
                        Last edited by Dinner; December 27, 2015, 23:59.

Comment

Not to mention automation is going to gut low skilled labor over the next 30 years and the more expensive we make low skilled labor the faster it will happen. I am for a better social safety net and increasing income redistribution in the tax code but to make that sustainable we can't have open borders and need to concentrate on high skill immigrants instead of low skilled ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X