Miss Universe SNAFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Universe SNAFU

My wife was watching this while I was catching the Football game and I heard her start yelling OMG. I went in and she was laughing that they had screwed up announcing the winner.

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

I feel sorry for the Colombian contestant and for Steve Harvey.

I love Trump saying afterwards that this would never have happened under his watch.
    Very Presidential.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Kinda means Miss Universe has some integrity. If the judges didn't think it was at least kind of a real contest, then there would have been no incentive to correct the SNAFU.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I wonder if Steve hadn't caught it so quick and asked the producers, they might have decided to just go with it.

But you're probably right.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

A big topic around here of course ... didn't think I'd see it on Apolyton too. My first thought was publicity stunt. Then I went and binge watched Heroes on Netflix.

Comment

While they always say, there's no such thing as BAD publicity, I don't think Steve Harvey feels that way this morning. He's NEVER going to hear the end of it. At least he's a comedian so he can pretend to laugh it off.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Clearly someone who can run a beauty pageant is qualified to be President.

Comment

Why not. I'm sure he didn't actually run it, he just delegated/outsourced it.

Sounds like the Reagan. (not exactly sure if that counts as proof )
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Someone found Miss Universe Canada's totem pole triggering:

Miss Universe Canada’s National Costume – Cultural Appropriation

Spoiler:

Comment

The location of the blue nose is troubling...

Most of the political question/answers in the Miss Universe pageant ended up with better answers than what I've seen from many of the presidential candidates.

Comment

That's quite a high standard.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      If the judges didn't think they'd have to pay back the bribes, then there would have been no incentive to correct the SNAFU.
                      FTFY
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Do the contestants pay bribes in cash?

Comment

If you were a judge, would you want cash? (assuming you were a man)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            If you were a judge, would you want cash? (assuming you were a man)
                            Molly Bloom, Asher ?

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Canada was not represented this year. Miss Canada was born I China, and has been a critic of China's horrible human rights record. She was denied a visa.
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                              X