Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call carbonated sugar water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call carbonated sugar water?

poll
    Soda
    38.46%
    Pop
    15.38%
    Coke
    7.69%
    Soft drinks
    23.08%
    Fizzly wizzly fubble wubble drink
    11.54%
    I snort coke off of bananas.
    3.85%

Soda
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

pop.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Missing the caffeine.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Disgusting.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Soda, or soft drinks.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

soft drinks, soda is something you put in your gin
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I grew up in the Midwest, so I call it "pop," and then I call it "soda" if the person I'm talking to gives me a look of utter confusion when I call it "pop"
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I usually call them 'Richard', but they rarely talk with me.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Soda is what you put into your dough with acid when you run out of baking powder.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Soda is carbonated water.

carbonated sugar water is not very nice unless it's flavoured.

We call those 'gassy', as in 'gassy drinks'.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Αναψυκτικό

Anapsiktiko

Re-coolifier

Comment

Hmmm. Looking into the origins of the above led me to a small piece on Stafidini. Interesting, I had never heard of it before. I suspect the rise of sugar cane plantations led to the collapse?
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

First time I read about it

The "new thing" now is stevia. it's a 100% natural sweetener, apparently it grows abudandnly in Greece and some company has made a new αναψυκτικό. based on stevia and it's hitting coca cola (which all its balkan production is stationed here as well).

It's labeled the "healthy greek coca cola" because apparently stevia doesn't share the corrosive effects of regular sugar.

But I don't think it's completely harmless either, not if consumed in large quantities regurarly. It has taken a large chunk of the coca cola zero (no sugar) market.

Comment

Here in Germany we call it Limonade or, short, Limo
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X