Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: you die and are sent to Dante's Inferno. Which circle are you sent to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical: you die and are sent to Dante's Inferno. Which circle are you sent to?

If multiple circles are applicable then choose the lowest
    1 (Limbo / Virtuous Pagans)
    30.00%
    2 (Lust)
    20.00%
    3 (Gluttony)
    0.00%
    4 (Greed)
    0.00%
    5 (Anger)
    0.00%
    6 (Heresy)
    0.00%
    7.1 (Violence: Assault/Murder)
    0.00%
    7.2 (Violence: Suicide)
    0.00%
    7.3 (Violence: Blasphemy)
    20.00%
    8.1 (Fraud: Panderers/Seducers)
    0.00%
    8.2 (Fraud: Flatters)
    0.00%
    8.3 (Fraud: Simony)
    0.00%
    8.4 (Fraud: Sorcery/Astrology/False Prophecy)
    0.00%
    8.5 (Fraud: Barrators)
    0.00%
    8.6 (Fraud: Hypocrisy)
    0.00%
    8.7 (Fraud: Thieves)
    0.00%
    8.8 (Fraud: Evil Counselors)
    0.00%
    8.9 (Fraud: Sowers of Discord)
    10.00%
    8.10 (Fraud: Falsifiers/Perjurers)
    0.00%
    9.1 (Treachery Against Kismen)
    0.00%
    9.2 (Treachery Against Country)
    0.00%
    9.3 (Treachery Against Guests)
    0.00%
    9.4 (Treachery Against Lords/Benefactors)
    20.00%
    10 ("I object to this poll because I don't understand the meaning of the word 'hypothetical'")
    0.00%
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

If you don't know what a word means then odds are that it doesn't apply to you (unless you have an especially poor vocabulary in which case just select the last poll option), for example "simony" refers to selling Cardinalships and stuff like that

Comment

Depends on the type of faith that is "the right one" ... I am sure that certain christian sects might call certain things I wrote or said to be Heresy or Blasphemy ... therefore probably 6 or 7.3 ... else I might just descend to circle 1
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Treachery against Lords/Benefactors. I didn't read the book though, so it's probably wrong.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What is a falsifier, exactly? Like, if I lie to a potential employer about how a previous job ended, am I going to the 8th circle of hell?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I would also go to 9th circle for treachery against Lords/Benefactors. I can certainly think of a lot of Lords I would have been treacherous to if given the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              What is a falsifier, exactly? Like, if I lie to a potential employer about how a previous job ended, am I going to the 8th circle of hell?
              You are being treacherous to your previous Lord by lying about him (and stealing office supplies) so would go to 9th circle with everyone else who isn't a lemming.

Comment

Maybe that's why they ask you if you've even stolen pens.

Comment

There is a circle of hell for panda seducers?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not sure what Kismen are, but it sounds very gay.
                    And because treachery means doing something behind their back, that sounds even more gay.
                    But I'm not sure doing something behind their back can really be called treachery...
                    I'm very confused by this option...
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Can anyone verify that all of this is according to the book? Virtuous pagan? Sounds like bull****.

Comment

maybe you should read the book yourself, you ignoramus.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          You are being treacherous to your previous Lord by lying about him (and stealing office supplies) so would go to 9th circle with everyone else who isn't a lemming.
                          I've also been lying to the last county I lived in for a couple years, because I still use their library system even though I'm no longer a resident. That probably is treachery against a country/lord/benefactor, or maybe just thievery, since I'm using the services of the county without paying the taxes (but I'm still paying late fees lol).
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Can anyone verify that all of this is according to the book? Virtuous pagan? Sounds like bull****.
                            For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              I've also been lying to the last county I lived in for a couple years, because I still use their library system even though I'm no longer a resident. That probably is treachery against a country/lord/benefactor, or maybe just thievery, since I'm using the services of the county without paying the taxes (but I'm still paying late fees lol).
                              Maybe they can tear you apart and send a portion of you to one circle, and a portion to another circle?

Comment

Working...
                              X