We're being invaded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're being invaded!

A swarm of bots has been hitting the server very hard for the past couple hours or so. Not sure what's up yet. Activated a protective measure from CloudFlare for now, each visitor gets to see a wait screen for 5 seconds. Sorry bout this.

UNACCEPTABLE
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes, badly behaved bots are unacceptable

The problematic ones all use the same query string ... and they really love the diplogaming forum.

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...zation-Thread/ is their most common target.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        UNACCEPTABLE
        You are a rabid and deranged loon.

Comment

I already was surprised about the Cloudflare link appearing when I loaded Apolyton.

Perhaps the Bots are from an AI which first wants to improve its strategic skills in a game of Civ, before moving against humanity ... or from Putin, because we don´t talk all to nice about him here
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Why that old thread?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Colony of bats.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

ah - I was having trouble typing in the quick reply box last night - that may explain it
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The Colony of bats seems to have moved on about 6 hours ago. Since then Poly has had her panties down around her ankles as per usual.

Comment

They're bots, not bats, so can't be a colony -- a colony requires colonists, and bots don't colonize anything! They just cluster together and **** things up.

It's a cluster**** of bots.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Poly is such a slut, we all know it, I'm calling it
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

That's an awful thing to say about Poly, horsie. Just because she's textually active....
                        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

i prefer "spam positive"
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It could be those viet guys who seem to be trying to sell me wardrobe solutions through the PM box.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                              You are a rabid and deranged loon.
                              Coming from you, an exceptional compliment.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X