The Expanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expanse

I've read the first two books. Syfy has just premiered the pilot episode online in advance of the television premiere for some reason. It looks like Syfy is doing honest to god SF again. Some are saying it's the next BSG, if you're into that kind of thing. Or GOT in space, if that better fits your fancy.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

hey thanks =)

amazon said I read the book(s?) but I can't remember. DL'ing now.

Did you see it already? Is it good? Always up for SciFi although BsG was not my Forté. Space Opera does not seem to work on Tv.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I just finished reading the 5th book in the series. If you like space opera, it's a great series.

I watched the pilot last night. It wasn't bad, but it was pretty scattered. A little more focus would have helped. I know they have a lot to set to up, and I hope they can get it done.
      I have huge hopes for this show. I'll reserve my judgement on the casting until I see a few more episodes
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I haven't read the books, but I just watched the episode above. This looks like it could have some real possibilities.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, I watched the pilot on Monday. I quite liked it, but agree with Ming that it seemed a bit scattered. I think they nailed the look and feel of the universe, which is an interesting juxtaposition of the advanced, intricate technology necessary for living in space and the grunginess that inevitably results from actually living and working anywhere. I'm sold on Miller and Kamal and Avasarala, cautiously optimistic about Holden and Naomi, and slightly worried about Amos. He didn't get a lot of screen time, but the little he had did not line up with my mental image of the character. /me shrugs.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
          X