2015 Fermilab Physics Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Fermilab Physics Slam

Fermilab's fourth annual Physics Slam, held on Nov. 20, 2015, featured five physicists vying to explain their area of study in the most entertaining way poss...

I think the full thing is probably enjoyable (although I didn't watch all of it and wasn't able to attend), but pay particular attention to my collaborator's Chris Marshall's neutrino physics rap starting at 54 minuets and 34 seconds.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

...neutrino physics rap...

Not a phrase you often hear.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      ...neutrino physics rap...

Not a phrase you often hear.
      Especially not in the context of minuets.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is it some premature celebration of the 100 year birthday of this ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Physics Slam is a yearly thing at Fermilab (it was MC Truth's first appearance though).

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEhw01FsFc4

I think the full thing is probably enjoyable (although I didn't watch all of it and wasn't able to attend), but pay particular attention to my collaborator's Chris Marshall's neutrino physics rap starting at 54 minuets and 34 seconds.

JM
            You lost me at "54 minuets [sic]."
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
            X