Star Wars 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars 7

Considering the new japanese trailer, with new scenes, I have no choice but to make a Star Wars 7 Thread ... the awakening force leaves me no other choice.

If the movie lives up to the expectations raised by the trailers, it will be epic

So, to fill the thread with content, here a list with links to the trailers currently around, starting with the newest (japanese) trailer:

Trailer 3:

Trailer 2:

Trailer 1:
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

The geek is strong in this one

Comment

It doesn't look very original

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
        Considering what last time happened when someone tried to introduce lots of original things into Star Wars ... which resulted in Star Wars 1-3 ...
        I am totally happy if they don´t try to original at all costs ... but concentrate more on recreating a feeling like people had when they first watched Star Warsd 4-6
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The first time people watched 4-6 it didn't feel like a rehash of something they'd already seen

Comment

I think it will be good, better than the prequels, but will probably have some bit of bull**** that I will end up hating and complaining about.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yep, no doubt. And I'll probably think the same thing.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                I think it will be good, better than the prequels, but will probably have some bit of bull**** that I will end up hating and complaining about.

I already hate that rolling robot - the tech for making such doesn't make sense. yeah, I know that there isn't any real tech in most SW machinery, but that robots capability renders most other tech in the SW universe hopelessly outdated.

Edit: I like the trailers - there seem to be a more grim air over them.
                Last edited by BlackCat; November 6, 2015, 16:50.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  I already hate that rolling robot - the tech for making such doesn't make sense. yeah, I know that there isn't any real tech in most SW machinery, but that robots capability renders most other tech in the SW universe hopelessly outdated.

I think it may be possible via changing magnetic fields (similar how MagLevs work) .. but yes, absolute High Tech ... on the other hand, 30 years have passed since RotJ ... so thinkable that Robots like this exist (maybe the robot even is a prototype and the reason why Rey climbed into the innards of the star destroyer)

Comment

Well, I probably thought of it as some kind of Jar Jar Binks - actually it could be made with current tech, though with low range. All that are needed are an electromotor, a gyroskopic guidance to keep the ball rolling. The head could also be made, though a gentle kick would send it far away without any chance of returning
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Comment

I think Luke is a Sith now.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                          Yup. Looks like they're basically ripping off that George Lucas flick from '77.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            I think Luke is a Sith now.
                            No. Not unless they totally change everything. Luke's wife is a reformed Sith though.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They've already said they're ignoring the EU, no? And even then, Mara was never a Sith per se, just a force-sensitive person who got taken under a Sith's wing.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X