Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you extremely lucky or extremely unlucky to live the life that you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met a guy who was about to retire and said: oh bless, now my life can finally begun.

So I guess I'm very lucky.

Comment

Everyone else (but especially you people) are extremely lucky that I live the life that I do. If it weren't for me large swaths of the Internet would be broken (or at least work a lot slower).
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

So you are the one who keeps the tubes clean?
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          So you are the one who keeps the tubes clean?
          Basically, yes.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Could you do something about all the spammers? (Leave Sava and MWHC though, I like them.)

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
              Everyone else (but especially you people) are extremely lucky that I live the life that I do. If it weren't for me large swaths of the Internet would be broken (or at least work a lot slower).
              Only because Putin wills it

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                Could you do something about all the spammers? (Leave Sava and MWHC though, I like them.)
                I can hook you up with an IP reputation feed and then help you implement an automated filtering system. But, it'll cost you. Maybe $3000 per year or so for the feed, $15,000 for the filtering system, but then another $2700 per year for the maintenance/support agreement on the filtering system. I'll throw in the whitelist for Sava and MWHC for free.

Comment

I am pretty sure that the life that I live is better than most lives that people lived in the past and most likely is better than most current lives.
                  I'd say I am lucky although I'd rather live in the near future.
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

Lucky.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

LUCKY!!!
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

For those who can't see moderated posts .... a Vietnamese spambot posted right after my last post

(And was caught by Akismet, which is free and in line with Poly's budget. $FREE pchang )

Comment

you should give me mod powers for a 24hr period and license to... be me
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            For those who can't see moderated posts .... a Vietnamese spambot posted right after my last post

(And was caught by Akismet, which is free and in line with Poly's budget. $FREE pchang )
                            My way prevents the post in the first place. Anyway, people like you are not in my target customer base. My extravagant lifestyle doesn't pay for itself you know.

Comment

What extravagant lifestyle fatty?

You posted about an "expensive" restaurant in london and its prices are affordable for most.

Comment

Working...
                              X