War on Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
    And you called it authentic. The video is extremely dishonest, which makes "fake" a far more accurate description than "authentic."
    Idk what you're talking about. I'm not talking about an edited video. I'm talking about an unedited video.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Until you provide any evidence to the contrary then I'll have to assume that you're talking about something that doesn't exist.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

IIUC the group also released unedited footage shortly after, which is still sort of offensive but includes some mitigating statements, etc. Dunno, since I never watched any of the stupid things. As a pro-lifer, I have a hard time getting outraged either way: "wait, so not only are they killing a ****load of human beings, they're also doing unethical things with the corpses? OMG!"
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"Not only did they murder six million Jews, but they also recycled their gold teeth???"

Comment

Until you provide any evidence to the contrary then I'll have to assume that you're talking about something that doesn't exist.
            Of course it exists. You can't edit something that doesn't exist. At any rate, why would I be interested in watching some abortion doctor pick her nose while she eats?

Comment

What, precisely, do you believe that Planned Parenthood has done that has made you more upset with them than unusual, and what leads you to believe that they have done whatever it is that you think that they have done?

Comment

What, precisely, do you believe that Planned Parenthood has done that has made you more upset with them than unusual, and what leads you to believe that they have done whatever it is that you think that they have done?
                If you look back at the thread you will see that I asked gibler if he thought it was unethical to profit from abortion or something like that. He's the one that's outraged I suppose, since he brought it up in this thread, War on Women, as he sees any criticism of people who profit from harvesting fetuses as the War on Women.

So, am I more outraged? How could I be? I was already pretty sure that abortion doctors are scum.

Comment

Planned Parenthood is a non-profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    If you look back at the thread you will see that I asked gibler if he thought it was unethical to profit from abortion or something like that. He's the one that's outraged I suppose, since he brought it up in this thread, War on Women, as he sees any criticism of people who profit from harvesting fetuses as the War on Women.

So, am I more outraged? How could I be? I was already pretty sure that abortion doctors are scum.
                    What has led you to believe that Planned Parenthood (who as gribbler points out is a non-profit organization) is profiting from abortions?

Comment

grumbler called it fake
                      Reading comprehension isn't your forte, is it?
                      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

What has led you to believe that Planned Parenthood (who as gribbler points out is a non-profit organization) is profiting from abortions?
                        Purely as a devil's advocate thing, the damned NFL is a nonprofit. As plenty of atheists note, so is even the richest and most transparently sleazy televangelist. The Church of Scientology is a nonprofit, or rather the dozens of dummy corporations it represents all are. The legal status doesn't mean much.

(but I don't really believe they're raking in oodles of cash selling aborted baby parts, no)
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Non-profit only means that their revenue doesn't exceed their costs. In that sense they aren't. But anyone can start a non-profit and benefit from it.

I would imagine most of them are only in it for themselves. I could see someone performing an abortion to save a woman's life, but these people have chosen to make a living from it. And they could have chosen anything. Some women have upwards of 10 abortions in a lifetime, and these doctors love them, because that's good business for them. That's lots of baby parts, and lots of money.

Then there's the political aspect. You like to make your money legally if possible. Then you can always be passive-aggressive and self righteous too when people call you scum. Then you get to play the victim.

Comment

I am generally opposed to shooting people, but I would have to be some kind of ******* to say something like "almost all cops and soldiers only go into the profession because they love to shoot people"

Or even better, "soldiers love it when terrorists fly planes into buildings because it gives the soldiers an excuse to shoot people"
                            Last edited by loinburger; October 22, 2015, 22:06.

Comment

I am generally opposed to shooting people, but I would have to be some kind of ******* to say something like "almost all cops and soldiers only go into the profession because they love to shoot people"

Or even better, "soldiers love it when terrorists fly planes into buildings because it gives the soldiers an excuse to shoot people"
                              Much much different, although some police and soldiers are like that. It's just not reasonable to say "I want to do good by giving women abortions!"

It's not the same thing as protecting people, keeping the peace etc...

Comment

Much much different
                                No, I'd say that my ridiculous strawman demonstrates a level of empathy with cops and soldiers that is comparable to your ridiculous strawman's demonstration of empathy with workers at Planned Parenthood clinics

How frequently do you suppose that Planned Parenthood workers bust out with a hearty cackle?

Comment

Working...
                                X