War on Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I classify myself as 'pro life' and am against rape of terrorists or anyone else (including pedophiles).

I have moved to be against the DP, although I Think that the DP is OK in theory (just like police and an army).

JM
    Your stance is decidedly anti-life. Any restriction on abortion is by default, anti-life.

Whose life? The mother's. The father's (assuming a couple). Just about everyone else involved.

All for some stupid notion of a immortal soul or whatever irrational things you believe

Life isn't some random lump of about-to-be-medical-waste.

Life is the time spent on this planet. Life is everything that happens years and years AFTER you are born and have lived.

To infringe upon the rights of actual real people living on this planet for someone's imagined idea of "life"... I cannot do anything but attack such an idea with the utmost passion.

because, my friend, what you believe is morally wrong

that's tough news to hear, I know

on this issue, there's right and wrong (ultimate conclusions since the policy results are binary)

and you're wrong

life, especially human life, is the expression of self-determination

self determination develops over time, long past birth

but killing actual babies wouldn't be right

fetus?

sure.

nothing in this universe, except the imagination of humans, says that the biological life is special

if you want to believe in god, that's fine

but prove it or stfu

if you restrict the freedom to self determine the willed creation of the family in a case where it is unwarranted , you are harming life in the most egregious of ways

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
      life, especially human life, is the expression of self-determination

self determination develops over time, long past birth

but killing actual babies wouldn't be right

fetus?

sure.
      Why is it okay to kill a fetus and wrong to kill a newborn if they both have the same amount of self-determination / life?
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Jon Miller identifies as "pro-life". You should respect his identity

x-post

Comment

• I disagree with Jon Miller's definition of "pro-life". I've decided that that means he is delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            Why is it okay to kill a fetus and wrong to kill a newborn if they both have the same amount of self-determination / life?
            It is only "wrong" in the sense that we say it is... as with anything else.

Beyond that, I'll refer you to the legal systems of each individual human society on this planet... so you can understand how laws get made.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• also

why would anyone think it is a good idea for more unwanted children to be born into this world?

i've never gotten an answer on that
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Beyond that, I'll refer you to the legal systems of each individual human society on this planet... so you can understand how laws get made.
                So if we legalized fourth trimester abortion you'd be okay with it...?

Is smoking pot wrong in places where it's illegal?

Comment

It doesn't make much sense to say that JM is morally wrong and to then say that morality is pretty much arbitrary

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    So if we legalized fourth trimester abortion you'd be okay with it...?

Is smoking pot wrong in places where it's illegal?
                    I don't see how my opinion on social contract is relevant.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                      morality is pretty much arbitrary
                      You're the first to bring it up.

You believe morality is arbitrary?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• There were two ways for me to interpret
                        Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        It is only "wrong" in the sense that we say it is...
                        The first is that societal consensus is that killing a newborn is immoral while killing a fetus is morally neutral, which is obviously false since there are many within society who disagree that the act of killing a fetus is morally neutral. The second is that the statement "such and such is immoral" is equivalent to "I personally disapprove of such and such" in which case morality is pretty much arbitrary.

Comment

I don't see how my opinion on social contract is relevant.
                          It's your rationale for saying that it's wrong to kill newborn babies and not wrong to kill third trimester fetuses.

Comment

• nothing in this universe, except the imagination of humans, says that the biological life is special

if you want to believe in god, that's fine
                            or you could interpret it in context with the earlier post that you quoted

illiterate

take everything in context.... let me know what your brain comes up with next

hopefully you might be warmer
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                              It's your rationale for saying that it's wrong to kill newborn babies and not wrong to kill third trimester fetuses.
                              I'm not saying anything is wrong.

The legal system does.

If you don't understand it the first time, does it actually help when I say it again?"

because i am not so sure it does

for either of you
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm not saying anything is wrong.

The legal system does.

If you don't understand it the first time, does it actually help when I say it again?"

because i am not so sure it does

for either of you
                                Do you mind if the legal system is changed? If yes, why...?

Comment

Working...
                                X