Do you burn wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you burn wood?

MHLC and I go through about 1 cord a month. IF it's really cold (Michigan) maybe as much as 1.6 cords.

So calling around this time of year... it's like a drug deal. Are you still selling wood?

It is however, somehow just a extra nice feeling, when you have six cords in the garage. yeah, it's a big garage.

the world could go bad.... i'll keep warm.

drinkin! but trying to be gooood... MHLC and I talkin,... yes. I've nbeen out of line a bit.

right now in LOWER Michigan, $170 a cord.

Comment

My parents live on a forested lot and my dad spends a lot of his retirement cutting down trees (either beetle-kill or too dense) and splitting them. The first year they lived in the house they didn't use the fireplace because it needed to be replaced; since then they've reduced their annual propane consumption by 50% by making use of the fireplace.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

i burn trees all day
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ex and I had a fireplace in her house. We bought wood, but when we got lazy, we just bought those fake starter log things. Cozying up in front of the fireplace and writing side by side is probably one of my favorite memories. In short, **** you, MWHC.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Doing your part to slow global climate change?
            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

I burn wood when camping;
              otherwise, it's usually just aesthetic pleasure.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Central heating at home, electric heating at my dacha. I only burn charcoal for shashlik.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

natural gas

Comment

Electric space heater (which we only turn on for 1-2 months in winteR) at home.

When making asados, it's either charcoal or wood, depending on availability. And if we've been to the farm recently.

In the farm, it's fireplace all the way. We've even cooked there a couple of times, including once we ran out of gas for the stove. Wood comes from several eucalyptus trees which were blown down ~7 years ago, and get chopped up on demand. There are still several whole ones.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

JM
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I have two furnaces... one is called the dragon. The AC is hugh out back... I realty cant remember what its called... $1000 repaiir for the controller and blower. took the belair guy like 2 seconds to pull it out. last year or so was the coil... the part insifde the house. $$$$

5000 sqr feet. winter can be $500 a month in natural gass plus wood - which is about $170 a month.

I love the wood - something about that heat.

hey... I love it... the rich have stress too!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X