Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
What song are you listening to right now...
Collapse
X
-
“Everything goes, everything comes back; eternally rolls the wheel of being. Everything dies, everything blossoms again; eternally runs the year of being. Everything breaks, everything is joined anew; eternally the same House of Being is built. Everything parts, everything greets every other thing again; eternally the ring of being remains faithful to itself. In every Now, being begins; round every Here rolls the sphere There. The center is everywhere. Bent is the path of eternity.”
Comment
-
While I've heard some nice new songs, lately mostly I've been listening to some old songs.
Kids in America by Kim Wilde. I suddenly loved this song. I think the lyrics are quite interesting as a social depiction. Not anything great, of course, but still much better than pop songs usually are. Also, I like sad songs, and this song, despite its power and poppyness, is sad. "Much later baby, you'll be saying nevermind. You know life is cruel, life is never kind. Kind hearts don't make a new story, kind hearts don't grab any glory..."
Sounds like a melody by Alphaville. I don't remember this song at all, an old gem discovered for me, and imho superior to Big In Japan etc. Also, a funny videoclip (half-male-half-female dancers dancing with themselves), but this version seems to be a bit different and superior.
Taniec Eleny by Michał Song. A simple and beautiful classical tune (used in "Bandyta" film, quite old).
Never let me down again by Depeche Mode. I like how really sad it is. Because it means he was let down by him already. And it's sure he will be again. And there's so much power and glory in this song.
Sabre Dance by Khachaturian, a classic, but I almost forgot it, and my summer visit to Armenia recalled it for me. And sparked renewal in my interest in classical music, that you can see here.
Masquerade Waltz by Khachaturian. Also a classic.
Less so:
Waltz from "Trędowata" series, by Wojciech Kilar
Waltz from "Ziemia Obiecana" movie by Wojciech Kilar
Love Kills by Freddie Mercury. Also a sad song, I guess, despite its beat.
Cambodia by Kim Wilde. Also sad. Although, as they say, Americans will first bomb you, and then make a film how it traumatised their soldiers. And yes, I know Kim Wilde is British.
"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
Middle East!
Comment

Comment