Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want the next big social justice scandal to involve a guy in a wheelchair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    BTW, I wasn't talking about debt or deficits specifically when I made my original comment.

We can just look at the cost of education and wages, for starters.
    And you're blaming a generation on that? That's casting a pretty big net.
    Please keep in mind that the first boomer pres was Clinton.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Here in Australia the boomers benefitted from a post-war economic boom, free education to any level they chose, plentiful, high-paid jobs for life, cheap real estate and tax laws encouraging investment in speculative real estate (that's ongoing, which is fine if you've already got some, but not so good if you don't, with the resultant artificially inflated prices), just to name a few ways they got lucky.

But I don't think it was out of greed. I think it was just historical circumstances. X and Y will eventually inherit their wealth, to varying degrees, depending on whether your parents/grandparents blow it all on extravagant lifestyles or not. Senile old geriatrics are pretty easy to con/steal money from, as well (by corporations, financial advisers, and other similarly upstanding folk).

Comment

Working...
      X