SUPERMOON ECLIPSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPERMOON ECLIPSE

I'm watching it from my deck, it's a little more than half covered at this point.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Earthshine is noticeable on the dark half, and through my binoculars I can see a thin orange-y "rind" developing on the edge.

'

Comment

The red is now spreading into the interior, reminding me of the soft glow of just hot enough iron.

Comment

It appears most pronounced to the north, though that may be because of the darker terrain there.

Comment

Can't see lunar eclipse. Currently stuck in Hilbert space, which is cloudy.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The glow is now apparent even without the binoculars, in spite of the slice that is still sunlit.

Comment

Hight clouds here.
              To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Can't see lunar eclipse. Currently stuck in Hilbert space, which is cloudy.
                Sorry to hear that. The view here is magnificent.

Less than ten percent to go. It's going fast.

EDIT: finally noticed that I quoted the wrong quote.

Also finally noticed the joke.

Maybe I should just quote jsorense's post instead...
                Last edited by The Mad Monk; September 29, 2015, 23:43.

Comment

Sunlit is now the "rind". The surface is varying shades of red.

Comment

Anything apocalyptic happening yet?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Binoculars are now picking up faint stars around the moon -- one or two up and to the left within one diameter, another three or four diameters to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        Anything apocalyptic happening yet?
                        Funny you should ask. There are cows nearby mooing loudly and constantly, never happened before. It's creeping me out a little.

Comment

Holy crap, a meteor just crossed my binocular's field of view!

Comment

Another faint star four diameters down and to the left.

Comment

My naked eyes aren't dependable due to slight double vision, that stretches out everything along one axis, but even so, the moon looks very much like a cherry red crescent moon right now. It looks different in binoculars.

Comment

Working...
                              X