No announcement yet.

What is you pet worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gave her a great life. You loved her. The end is tough, for sure.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, we have a long running joke in our family.
      When asked what we would like to come back as, everyone answers, one of our cats.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rah

Sorry for your loss.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

the longest i had a dog was 15 years - Golden Retriever. it's a good breed, she was a smart dog.

Comment

While that's closer to the average. Most of our pets have lasted longer so this one caught us leaning.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              Just to update. We had her put down last Friday. A sad day all around.
              Was it worth it?
              My condolences. It´s always hard to lose a pet that has been so long around.

Originally posted by rah View Post
              At least when we were doing it, my wife was convinced that she had done everything she could.
              A small comfort, but it was something.
              A well known phenomenon in psychology ... humans will feel more bad about situations that arise from them taking no sctions, than about situations that arise because they took actions (or, to expand it to your situation ... they feel better when they took action even if the action didn´t influence the end result in any way)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Can't don't seem to last long around here unless you make then 100% indoor cats. There are just too many coyotes. We did have one cat make it to 12 because she would come in each night, a couple times she didn't and we would find her up a tree, once with a gash on her side. I guess she was fast enough to get away until she got old and slowed down. I came out one morning and found her black fur every where because the coyotes had ripped her to pieces.

I currently don't have a cat though my dad and his girlfriend and a cat for three years before the coyotes got him. He was a very friendly and sociable cat so it was a shame. It is cruel not to let them go outside but when they do go outside they are taking their chances.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My girlfriend's sister has paid $10,000 for a bowel resection for a horse. She got financing for it. Were it me, I'd pay 10 cents for the shotgun shell.

My guinea pigs both died too suddenly for any treatment to be realistic (natural causes, not in the jaws of another animal).

I might be willing to pay as much as $500 for a dog, maybe $750 if it was a dog I liked a lot.

Comment

Wow, a regex sighting. Hope you're well, man.

I see your level of empathy remains unchanged.

Didn't you do some major travel? Hope it was awesome.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

sorry for your loss rah

pets give a lot of joy, whether they know it or not, they are part of your family and good ones are sorely missed when they go, not forgotten
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                      X