Political bias test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political bias test

Vox is a general interest news site for the 21st century. Its mission: to help everyone understand our complicated world, so that we can all help shape it. In text, video and audio, our reporters explain politics, policy, world affairs, technology, culture, science, the climate crisis, money, health and everything else that matters. Our goal is to ensure that everyone, regardless of income or status, can access accurate information that empowers them.
    Quendelie axan!

I answered 10 out of 18 correctly which is better than 95% of test takers.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

13/88 ... 99%

Not sure what a few of the questions had to do with anything though. Renewable energy growth for instance (which I did get right, but was a guess between 1% and 2%). What's the point of that question? How does it even possibly affect political bias if you are off by 1 or 2% in your estimate?

Comment

Answered 5/18 correctly, but apparently, that really didn't effect whether I had a political bias. This is what it said:
        On a scale of 0-100%, your total political bias was 0%. Great work! About 20% of test takers also got this score. 50% of people get a score between 23% and 58%. The average score is 40.82%.

Comment

Probably because your wrong answers didn't align with whatever you said your political stance was.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

True, I did state I was moderately liberal if not neutral. Hmmm. Still not sure if this means whether my answers actually leaned moderately conservate so that it balanced out my bias?

Comment

In total, you correctly answered 11/18 (61.11%) of the political knowledge questions. 80% of people correctly answer between 4 and 9 questions; 6 is the average. Your score is higher than 95% of test takers.
              I agree with the point about the increase in renewables made by Aeson (I was out by 1%!). I did very poorly indeed on crime, with only one right.

On a scale of 0-100%, your total political bias was 19.44%. Your score suggests you are less biased than about 75% of other test takers. 50% of people get a score between 23% and 58%. The average score is 40.82%.
              Edit: I suspect the bias I had is because of the crime thing. I take a soft on crime line, and all the figures I've ever heard in Australia have shown that tough on crime makes no difference, except to the amount of people in jail. The correct test answers were all "The evidence is out". How can that be? Governments have been getting ever tougher on crime my whole life.
              Last edited by ricketyclik; September 16, 2015, 18:49.

Comment

In total, you correctly answered 13/18 (72.22%) of the political knowledge questions. 80% of people correctly answer between 4 and 9 questions; 6 is the average. Your score is higher than 99% of test takers.
                stupid test

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                  I agree with the point about the increase in renewables made by Aeson (I was out by 1%!). I did very poorly indeed on crime, with only one right.
                  You monster! Why are you so biased about the environment!

(Seriously, I don't even know if that would be biased liberal or conservative. A liberal might be biased and think it was less (ITS WAY TOO LITTLE). A conservative might be biased and think it was less (YAY, WE'RE WINNING THE WAR ON NATURE!))

Comment

In total, you correctly answered 12/18 (66.67%) of the political knowledge questions. 80% of people correctly answer between 4 and 9 questions; 6 is the average. Your score is higher than 99% of test takers.

On a scale of 0-100%, your total political bias was 8.33%. Your score suggests you are less biased than about 75% of other test takers. 50% of people get a score between 23% and 58%. The average score is 40.82%.

I guess the idea to see how you err so that you can see how biased you are is OK. The actual questions and the sample size maybe need more work.

I also guessed wrong the one about renewable energy growth. I thought there was no change due to falling energy prices. Don't know what kind of bias that shows.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm biased against tests
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

12/18 correct.

Political bias is 5.56%.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

13/18

13.89%.

The two questions on crime caught me (and I admit that I answered based on 'feeling', not knowledge). Then there was the tech companies question (I figured at least Samsung and Siemens would have made the list), US' desirability as emigration destination, and correlation between unemployment benefits and unemployment.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

16/18 (funny enough...the crime questions were the ones I missed as well...)

On a scale of 0-100%, your total political bias was 0%. Great work!

So there my polyfriends.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You're biased towards accepting consensus

Comment

Working...
                              X