Is Syria too well protected now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Syria too well protected now?

RUSSIA'S MILITARY BUILD-UP in Syria has grown to include the shipment of a half-dozen highly sophisticated battle tanks.

Does 6 tanks equal a military build up? Is this the media playing it up - or is this something more?

T90's too. Highly sophisticated?

Engine
    V-84MS 12-cyl. diesel (T-90)
    V-92S2 12-cyl. diesel (T-90A)
    840 hp (618 kW) for V-84MS 12-cyl. diesel engine

950 hp (736 kW) for V-92S2 12-cyl. diesel engine

Not a bad tank but the power plant above is dated. Low HP for a tank about 46 tons.

The M1A1
    Engine Honeywell AGT1500C multi-fuel turbine engine
    1,500 shp (1,120 kW) and only 52 tons.
    Last edited by My Wife Hates CIV; September 14, 2015, 13:12.

and look at the M1A1 engine... looks more like a dryer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	9101861

Comment

and look at the M1A1 engine... looks more like a dryer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	9101861

Comment

I would worry more about top shelf AAA.
        To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

I guess this is a down side to the M1...

The critics of the American tank draw attention to the large gap between the hull and turret of the "Abrams" that is so large that one can hit the area under the tower at a distance.

Comment

Asad has been losing a lot of ground recently and has a serious manpower shortage. Honestly, he is looking very weak despite the rush of assistance to help stop his decline.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

the regime forces have done quite poorly this year, but they're still in strong positions and hold most of the major cities. the rebels have done well and made some serious gains, but a big attack on daara failed recently and they're pressure from ISIS in the aleppo countryside. ISIS have done well against the regime and decently against the other rebels, despite some checks in recent times. the kurds have done well against ISIS and have considerably enlarged the territory they control. overall though, it's still a stalemate that looks like it will rumble on for a long time if no political solution can be found.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Political Negotiators:

ISIS: Die!
                Rebels: No, you die!
                Assad: You die first!
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

yeah what a mess over there. you look at all the execution videos. it's everyone killing everyone else for pretty much any and every reason.

how long with the region be like this? another 100 years? more?!

Comment

One would think the place would be depopulated before 100 years of this went by.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

How long would it take for the US, Russia and Europe to come up with a plan which all three execute together to secure the region.

Carve it up between the three like berlin after the war.

forget iran in all this. who are they? they don't even have nukes yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X