GOP "debate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP "debate"

Seems like we should have a thread for this.

The only thing I really learned last night is that there is no one with a chance of winning the GOP nomination who I can support. The questions were mostly Tea Party litmus tests, designed to expose deviation from Republican orthodoxy. Kasich seems intelligent and reasonable, but he has no shot.

And everyone is still dancing to Trump's tune. So weird.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

While he's a clown, he's definitely not a politician. And people are tired of politicians. And he can be entertaining even though not so much last night.

Yeah Kasich seemed good but as of now no one knows who he is.

Rubio came off pretty good.

The Huck was scary.

Jeb looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

As a Repug, it was not very impressive. They only thing we have going is Hillary's trust issues.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I didn't watch it (I don't have cable), but from the clips I saw, Kasich seemed to elevate his profile quite a bit. Rubio seemed to do well. The Christie/Paul dustup was relatively amusing (though I think Rand won that one).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Watch the debate with the real candidates:

Comment

Watch the debate with the loser "candidates":

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            While he's a clown, he's definitely not a politician. And people are tired of politicians. And he can be entertaining even though not so much last night.

"He can be entertaining"

Well, that was true for Bush jr. as well ...
            his Bushisms are legendary even today

He wasn´t a good president however
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Whenever you leave it up to the masses you can get a "not a good" president. It's a necessary flaw in the system and to expect it to provide a good president most of the time is a bit naive.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                Whenever you leave it up to the masses you can get a "not a good" president. It's a necessary flaw in the system and to expect it to provide a good president most of the time is a bit naive.
                Unfortunately I have to agree ...
                election campaigns have degenerated into entertainment shows,
                where it is more important that the candidate is entertaining and promises heaven and earth to his audience (even if this promises are illusionary), than to have a sensible program that actually can be realised within the 4 years and the current state of the country.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Chris Christie kicking Rand Paul's teeth in was entertaining.

Comment

If we're talking about the NSA part of the debate, I'd argue it was the other way around.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Erm, is Ted Cruz actually a plant? He seems like a 2nd rate actor and his speech on ISIS was utterly, utterly nonsensical. Got to be a troll..

Comment

I remain baffled by the Trump thing. Sure, everyone is sick to death of politics and politicians, but he has no appeal on any level.
                        No charm, limited intelligence, proven a$$hole, racist, misogynist, born with a silver spoon, and HE HAS NO IDEAS.

His best qualification seems to be "rich enough to say FU to the Koch brothers." Yet with no claim that he would.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Good speech on Social Security by Huckerbee. Shame he's such a crazy old bastard.

Comment

Surprisingly awesome reaction from the crowd for Kusich's position on gay marriage. Fair play to you GOP chaps.

Comment

What the hell does Kusich do with his hands? Doesn't he have a media consultant? He looks like he's throwing shapes in the temple of dance.

Comment

Working...
                              X