What a nice Australian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a nice Australian!

See, this niceness is catching on, when even an Australian can apologise about something...

'I was wrong' Australian journalist apologises for Rhossili rant - after visiting it himself!

Australian travel writer Anthony Sharwood previously said it was "an insult" Rhossili beat down under bays in a top 10 beach list - now he's issued an apology

“I was wrong” - those were the words of an Australian journalist as he apologised for an angry rant he made more than two years ago about Gower’s Rhossili beating bays down under in a “top 10 beaches” listing.

Anthony Sharwood, a travel writer for The Australian, had previously claimed the 2013 listing by travel website TripAdvisor was “an insult” after it named Rhossili Bay as the best beach in the UK, third in Europe and in the world top 10.

In an article which caused a media storm, the Aussie writer said he couldn’t quite believe a “mud-coloured” beach near Swansea was more popular than some of his country’s sun-baked shores like Byron Bay.

But after actually going to Rhossili last month on a UK visit, it is now a different story...
    What a nice man, apology accepted.

Clearly global warming is destroying the world's beaches.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

i've always preferred three cliffs, but rhossili is lovely too.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

There are no "nice" Australians
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          Speak for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
            About 10 years ago I met a very nice Australia girl.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
              i've always preferred three cliffs, but rhossili is lovely too.
              Three Cliffs is less hassle to get to.

Another Gower favourite is Pwll Du.

Comment

I went to school with, and was friends with Anthony Sharwood. He's a cool guy

By pretty big coincidence, I sent him a friend request on facebook last night!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  About 10 years ago I met a very nice Australia girl.
                  If you added to our gene pool, well, I'd be proud
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                  X