Let's come up with plots for Michael Crighton books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's come up with plots for Michael Crighton books

A reclusive billionaire develops a cheap and safe fusion power reactor. He keeps the design a secret from everybody and uses the only working reactor to power a theme park.

A reclusive billionaire develops a teleportation device. He uses it to build a theme park on Jupiter's moon Titan and teleports people to and from the theme park.

A reclusive billionaire develops an immortality serum. He throws it away in disgust because he can't figure out how to use it to build a theme park.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

I deeply care about this thrade and I will be paying CLOSE attention to it for the next month or so.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

A brilliant, but flawed, medical doctor-writer chucks his wealth and prestige to minister to the needs of rare and ancient talking African gorillas who have beem infected by interstellar nanotechnology which inspire them to build a time machine so that they can go back in time to enslave Homo habalis.
      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

A brilliant but flawed epidemiologist embarks on a race against time to halt an outbreak of a lethal plague in a new theme park, requiring him to evade many killer security defences on his route to retrieving the serum made from reconstituted velociraptor blood currently in the possession of the reclusive billionaire owner's talking gorilla.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

You'd need to explain to me what a Michael Crichton book is first. I assume he can't be found in the Penguin classics collection.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Jurassic Park is his most famous book.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

okay I already hate him, I'm not playing
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A brilliant reclusive billionaire horse goes on a quest to discover the shrine built for his great ancestor, a horse ridden by Alexander. He discovers that it is located in a theme park deep in the jungles of Iran. He must evade many killer security defenses (all of them in the form of his ancestor's sidekick, Alexander himself, causing some mental distress) on his route to discover the secrets of his ancestor, who, it turns out, has been revived by a different reclusive billionaire's talking gorilla using reconstituted velociraptor blood. The two horses have a touching meeting, but the revived horse sacrifices his life to allow the billionaire horse to escape the deadly park, which is then sent back in time to the 14th century using quantum technology.
                The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                  okay I already hate him, I'm not playing
                  Because of the book, or because of the movie that twisted EVERYTHING the book was trying to say?

He also wrote The Andromeda Strain, The Great Train Robbery and Five Patients.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I almost forgot, he also did the screenplay for Coma and Twister, and created, wrote, and produced ER.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

A reclusive millionaire author has his name spelled wrong for the last time. Sends is army of dickgirls after the perpetrator.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Pretty sure it was just Jurassic Park that had the theme park.

You're on to something with "misguided use of advanced technology" though. That premise underwrites Jurassic Park and Prey.

Comment

Working...
                        X