Clear All

• Finally, An Actually Useful Survey

What is your gaming profile?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chart.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	9136114
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

I think I did something wrong?

or maybe i just dont like immersion?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The Immersion Components (1%)

Gamers with high Immersion scores want games with interesting narratives, characters, and settings so they can be deeply immersed in the alternate worlds created by games. Gamers with low Immersion scores are more grounded in the gameplay mechanics and care less about the narrative experiences that games offer.

Fantasy (4%): Gamers who score high on Fantasy want their gaming experiences to allow them to become someone else, somewhere else. They enjoy the sense of being immersed in an alter ego in a believable alternate world, and enjoy exploring a game world just for the sake of exploring it. These gamers enjoy games like Skyrim, Fallout, and Mass Effect for their fully imagined alternate settings.

Story (1%): Gamers who score high on Story want games with elaborate campaign storylines and a cast of multidimensional characters with interesting back-stories and personalities. They take the time to delve into the back-stories of characters in games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, and enjoy the elaborate and thoughtful narratives in games like The Last of Us and BioShock. Gamers who score low on Story tend to find dialogue and quest descriptions to be distracting and skip through them if possible.
      oh no, that's right, I don't care about back story or pretending i am in a world, beyond the sensory experience, that is

that makes sense now
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Driven, Independent, and Creative

Name:	chart.png
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	9101748
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The Creativity Components (30%)
          The Immersion Components (79%)
          The Social Components (58%)
          The Achievement Components (13%)
          The Mastery Components (43%)
          The Action Components (19%)

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Name:	QCApYXa.jpg
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	9101749

I feel this test is more accurate

Comment

Action(47%)
              Social(92%)
              Mastery(95%)
              Achievement(98%)
              Creativity(77%)
              Immersion(6%)
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your Gaming Style : Calm, Analytical, Relaxed, Independent, and Grounded

Last edited by Proteus_MST; July 28, 2015, 08:39.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Action-Oriented, Analytical, Relaxed, Grounded, and Practical
                  ****, I'm lazy...

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Name:	chart.jpeg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	9101750

The Achievement Components (24%)
                    Completion (1%)
                    Power (80%)

The Creativity Components (21%)
                    Discovery (36%)
                    Design (19%)

Shouldn't Completion be grouped with Discovery? They're in the Explorer group of a Bartle test, and i don't see the reason why they decided to group it differently here.

The Social Components (68%)
                    Competition (95%)
                    Community (16%)

I'm sorry but how Competition is Social? Competition is closer to Achiever (against, Bartle test). Actually, in MMORPGs they were considered completely opposite game styles (at least by PvPers) - PvP vs PvE.

So Competition should be grouped with Power (you can't Compete without Power), and Completion should go with Discovery and Design. Social is on it's own.

It's weird that it's actually a Nick Yee's project. More than ten years ago he had surveys that had much more sense http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch_issue.php

For example: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...428.php?page=2
                    Online Research of MMORPG's. Studies, Essays, Forums. MMORPG Research. By Nicholas Yee.

Online Research of MMORPG's. Studies, Essays, Forums. MMORPG Research. By Nicholas Yee.

I don't remember which test i took, but i didn't have that many concerns about it.

I mean, come on, it rated me at 24% in Achivement when i have multiple first places in the world in several different games? Just because i don't enjoy mindlessly opening all classes in the game and getting all items in the game? Seriously?

And 68% in Social? Is that a joke? I know that the only "Social" thing i'm interested is teamplay in team games...

The Immersion Components (1%)
                    Gamers with high Immersion scores want games with interesting narratives, characters, and settings so they can be deeply immersed in the alternate worlds created by games. Gamers with low Immersion scores are more grounded in the gameplay mechanics and care less about the narrative experiences that games offer.

Well, if i want to enjoy a story and characters, i just read a book. But at least this one is right. I'm not interested about it in games at all, for that i read a lot of books.
                    Last edited by Ellestar; July 28, 2015, 09:50.
                    Knowledge is Power

Comment

Working...
                    X