Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If only everyone in the cinema was packing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only everyone in the cinema was packing...

No one would have died...

Louisiana theatre shooting: 3 dead and 7 injured after gunman opens fire

A lone gunman opened fire inside a crowded movie theatre in Lafayette,Louisiana, on Thursday evening, killing two people and injuring at least seven others before taking his own life, police said.
    This comes just a week after the trial of the Colorado cinema mass-shooter, and days after Obama said that one of his biggest failures was not being able to counter gun crime in the US...

Why, America, why...?
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

So Obama really IS going to take away our guns

Comment

Civilized ancient nations which had weapons banned in their cities:
      1. Most greek city states
      2. Rome

And I actually like the reasoning the greeks made for their weapons ban:
      They feared that weapons would rule within their cities, instead of democracy and laws

Very interesting post at the New Yorker’s Culture Desk by Melissa Lane … here’s a bit in medias res: The pioneers of citizen armies were also pioneers of withdrawing weapons from …
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

IIRC the Athenians had a corps of 300 Scythian slave policemen wandering the city with bows and arrows to round up citizens for the assembly and/or jury duty. Would our countries be improved by a switch to an all-nomadic-slave police force?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I personally hope Obama doesn't try anything. Even the hint the last time spurred gun sales by those that feared the opportunity to buy more would be restricted.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Obama should wait until elections and let Jeb or Donald take action.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1104-1pw8tmk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	9101745

I assume the UK doesn't even register because our figures are literally off the bottom of the chart...

Obama: Terrorism in the US <100; Gun violence > 10s of thousands.

Go figure
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Oh, and that's homicides - NOT suicides...

Comment

I personally don't give a **** that you're making a full time job of trolling Americans, but can you please keep the quantity of threads to a more reasonable limit?
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yes you do, otherwise you wouldn't have started your post with that comment, which also happens to be inaccurate...

Are you deliberately goading me into coming up with some more threads?

You know it would be simple to do so - there's just so much material to choose from!

Comment

A small price to pay to make sure British *******s stay out

Comment

I've been already. I may even have visited more US states than the majority of US posters here.

I don't need to visit again, which I'm sure is a relief to you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                            Yes you do, otherwise you wouldn't have started your post with that comment, which also happens to be inaccurate...
                            You're having delusions of grandeur infamy

"You've got half a dozen threads on the front page and they all have the same topic, can you please police yourself better?"
                            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!"

I don't think I've said anything to you in the past about your troll threads which I believe means that I'm not your usual target. As a mostly disinterested third party I'm simply asking you to either be more interesting or else to restrict your boring-ass trolls to one or two threads. When even Slowwhand won't jump at the bait then you know that you're doing something wrong.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

They are not all the same topic - unless you're agreeing with me that America IS a basket case...?

"Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!"
                              FTW!!!

Slowwie just gave up getting his dumb Mexican ass getting raped and repeatedly beat down - it's sad but he's a shadow of his former self...

Comment

Working...
                              X